If it isn't a fruit bomb, why are you drinking it?

No…, seriously?

Why?

It’s fruit, right?

Is this an outright attack on Francophiles?

Describe your appreciation for: barnyard, forest floor, stones, earth and mineral. Imagine 2014 Estate Barnyard; 2013 Sequoia Forest Floor, 2015 Russian River stone, 2009 Barrel Aged Earth and 2016 Late Harvest Mineral.

[stirthepothal.gif]

I think Constellation just bought all of those labels.

Because I’m too drunk to realize fruitless wine tastes awful

If I only wanted fruit, I’d just drink juice
(Maybe spike it with vodka)

Man, it’s gin and juice, not vodka and juice!

Fruit is overrated. Most days I’d much rather have a bottle without any than one with just fruit, heavy hand(grenad)ed or not.

…because I like my fruit without worrying about it exploding.

I enjoy non-fruit bombs because acidity creates tension, non-fruit notes provide interest, and age can produce subtlety and beauty.

Nothing wrong with fruit bombs, but I prefer something different with food.

Yes.

Sounds like Joe-Bomb has been juicing on the Caymus again. . . .

He had such hope.

It’s all about balance. Come to the meetings…
:slight_smile:

I was drinking the 2010 Seaver GTS last night. I have lost all hope for caymus. :frowning:

This. Also, occasionally a fruity wine is good, if it’s also fresh, - i.e. a young Beaujolais from a ripe year - but more often than not drinking multiple glasses of fruit bomb wine is as fatiguing as drinking several glasses of fruit juice would be. I can’t really imagine sitting down and drinking three glasses in a row of juice, that would be weird. It’s the acidity and underlying complexities that set wine apart from most non-alcoholic fruit juice. I even find really good, dry ciders to be very fatiguing, typically a glass is good but that’s about it.

I`m into balanced wines were everything is in harmony.

Ok, it´s fruit … but it´s also bomb …

A good wine is fruit with the necessary structure and balance … and not “bomb” …

BTW: examples …?

[welldone.gif]

If you only want a fruit bomb, only buy wines that have tasting notes that mention “explosive nose.”

Bruce

Probably for the same reason I don’t put syrup on my pancakes or waffles.

They’re really just wrappers for sausage or bacon !!!