TN: 2011 Tercero Mourvedre (USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Barbara County)

• 2011 Tercero Mourvedre - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Barbara County (7/19/2017)
    Served single-blind, I was in Spain. One of the more elegant parts of Spain, to be more precise. I say that with all sincerity because this wine was elegant from the first sip to the last. There were no hard edges, only silken fruit. The level of acidity here had me in the old world, as did the persistence, and purity. Medium-bodied (though it did keep adding some weight, more structure), very fresh, with plenty of varietal markers; correct. A remarkable effort for SBC (other regions could stand to pay attention to this, too), and a seriously elegant wine. I did not want it to end. thru 2024. Ask Larry if he has any more of this gem!
    recommended+

Screwcap; served at 60F, and enjoyed over the course of a 2 hour dinner.

Posted from CellarTracker

Sounds smooth! :smiley:

Nope, kind of the opposite [snort.gif]

I found this a while back at Winex and it was really good. Kept thinking I should get more but I think its all gone.

I think I got the last 3 bottles a few weeks ago when they dropped the price to $22/btl.

I think I paid $30. You scored. I remember also picking up an Aaron PS at the same time for $30 which is a good price for that.

I have one bottle of this wine, purchased from Winex, too!

I am torn between trying it and saving it for my (eventual) Grand NW Louisiana Mourvedre Taste-Off. :wink:

Would love to hear which other Mourvedres are in the lineup!