2014 Pip Chardonnay, Sonoma Coast

Purchased on-line, this is one of the best retail bargains I’ve found in a long time. Pale to medium straw color. Aromas are a little distant but with lovely notes of green apple and seckel pear, with faint floral and herbal notes. The palate is light to medium bodied, with harmonious acidity, fine fruit featuring pear now as much as apple, with a little gingery zing in the finish. This is very well balanced. If it lacks the intensity of great wine, that would be too much to expect for twelve bucks. Rated 88.5, ready to drink.

Dan Kravitz

went thru a case in record time
all agreed, very good stuff and nice balance

I would agree, I went through a few bottles of the 2013 which cost me just over $9, and it was well worth it.

Based on some of your positive notes was going to pick up some, but all I am seeing is prices of $20 per blt on the 2014 and 2015 and $18 on the 2013. Would anyone mind sharing with me where they are finding prices of $12 or $9 per btl on this wine. Thanks in advance…

Last Bottle

Thanks Michael
That makes sense why I couldn’t find anywhere at at close to that price. The last b0ttle deal sounds like a bargain the current market price not so much. Will have to keep my eye out in case they run it again. I am sure they also offered free shipping with minimum purchase. If you shop wisely you sometimes hit the jackpot on LB. My latest was the Robert Hunter 2002 Blanc de Noirs extended tirage for $24 each. Went through 3 in the past 3 weeks and thought it was a bargain for the quality of the juice. Wish I bought more.

For me, it was Wine Library. I believe it was part of a 6-pack deal at the time.

Commercial post: Last Bottle is a customer of my business.

I would find this a fair value at $18 or $20, but not the screaming value it is at $12.

I get offerings from a lot of on-line merchants and also buy a lot at auction. Mostly I look for things I know and like, at the right price, usually with some bottle age. However I am open to trying interesting-sounding things when the price is not an issue. $12 qualifies easily for me. I’ve had some mediocrities from every on-line merchant I buy from in the $10 - 20 range, but I’m still buying from those who give me more hits than misses.

Dan Kravitz