TN: 1995 Whitehall Lane Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve Morisoli Vineyard

• 1995 Whitehall Lane Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve Morisoli Vineyard - USA, California, Napa Valley (7/20/2017)
    An old friend! Cellared since release…reserve blend of Morisoli and Leonardini vineyard fruit…healthy dark plum, slight brick rim color…wonderful nose of cigar wrapper, leather, wild blackberries, dusty oak barrel spice, bay leaf. Smooth and polished in the mouth, with a good dose of tobacco and wood spice, still quite structured with polished tannins, sour skin acidity, spicy and youthful. Blackberry, plum, cherry, currant fruit still fresh with some sour skin…love the intermix of spice and bayleaf/tobacco green with the old school 13.4 abv berry fruits. A wonderful bottle! (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for posting! I have one of these in the cellar and was wondering if I missed my window.

Picked up three of these at auction last year. No clue on provenance, but obviously well-stored the past 20+ years.

Opened the first one back in May and had a very similar experience. Just slightly thin in the mid-palate on pop and pour, but fleshed out nicely with air. Great tobacco and cedar/spice nose, and the fruit is hanging in well. In a great spot now, but can probably go at least another 5+ years.

Cheers! [cheers.gif]

I served several of the 1994 Merlot, paired with pasta Bolognese, for the big midweek crew dinner at Block Island Race Week. These WL vintages are aging slowly and well.

The Whitehall Lane Morisolis from 90 to 95 were my favorite wines.

Ah, a blast from the past. Must have opened almost a case of these and every bottle was excellent. Haven’t tried one for many many years so great to hear that the wine is still going strong. Reminds me that I do still have a bottle each of the 1993 and 1994 Galleron Cab that I probably should pull some time very soon…hopefully with as much success.

Mine are long gone but, indeed, a blast from the past. A friend & small wholesaler introduced me to these wines and I remember them fondly.

JD