Hundred Acre "Wraith"

Huge long email offering a blend of barrels destined for Ark, Kayli Morgan and Few&Far Between as “Wraith”. 2013 vintage. Email reads like it is the holy grail, and that he had tried and failed to make a suitable blend for years and 2013 magically gave him the pieces he was looking for.

Sold as 3-pack OWC for $1200.

So these are basically same price as Bond and Dalla Valle Maya, a little more than Scarecrow, etc. No reviews or advance press I am aware of.

Should have traded him cigars for a bottle the last time he was in. If you get to meet the man and spend a half hour with him, you’ll understand. If he indicated in any way that he tried and failed to make a suitable blend, he’s dead serious that nothing met “his” expectations and you can rest assured he flushed it rather than sell it bulk or bottle under an off label.

Side note. A couple times a month, Jason bakes about a hundred loaves of bread and hands them out to the locals. An interesting individual. Sometimes hard to read and sometimes very funny. I’d be happy if my IQ was half of his and my memory a quarter of his.

Without any ratings or press about the new wine, I pulled the trigger based on how much I like Hundred Acre in general, and Jason’s commitment to quality. Plus, a great vintage from great vineyards. The price stung a bit though!

IN for a three pack. An interesting concept from great vineyards in a classic vintage…