TN: 2008 Domaine Dujac Vosne-Romanee 'Malconsorts' 1er

Home alone. British Open re runs (nice to see Baker-Finch in his heyday before the shanks), crank the hifi up, pop a decent bottle.

Sullen on opening, a bit dank, oak shows a bit but give it air. As with previous experience with Dujac Malconsorts, it is very refined, subtle, nuanced, integrated. Spice and soil, soil and spice, mid-weight, fruits ripe but more redcurrant, trimmed with floral notes. Soil inflected finish, gossamer tannins. Delicious and dare I say it again, refined. Starting to drink rather well.

sounds great, Kent.

Yes, sounds lovely, Kent,

(Wish I had some :slight_smile:); and thanks for the note (2nd best).

Got a few. Will pop in 2033 while watching re-runs of Rory M winning the 2017 Open Championship!

Rory can’t make a cut. Go Jordan, go Leish. Need to be able to play in the wind - gusting to 30mph on Saturday.

Had this from cask …very impressive …
if it is “starting to drink rather well” - it´s still far far away from maturity …
2025+ …

Anyone have 07 recently…should be a better drink right now? Liking 07’s for near term pleasure.

Ah IBF. Proud holder of the 1983 NZ Open!

Kent, sounds nice. Those top 2008s are coming around.

Cheers, Howard

Always liked the 08s. Some may be a little on the lean side but always liked their restraint.

IBF did play a cracking last round in 1991 at Royal Birkdale. Consistently hit it close. Watched Ryan Fox win NZ Open this year and he has followed it up with a great year and tees it up at the Open tomorrow. Not sure that he is as good at golf at his old man was at rugger yet!

Followed that by watching highlights (!) of Faldo making 18 consecutive pars in winning in 1987.

2008 is the last “full” spread of Dujac I bought because, you know.

…why?

had this in LA a few weeks ago and loved it. i’m not super into 2008s, but Dujac seems to have crushed it.

$$$$$$

Oh, really. Perhaps just add that phrase below your signature.

Kent, you took full advantage of a night home alone. I enjoyed the notes. [cheers.gif]

They hit it out of the park.

07 Malconsorts was not good when I had it last year. Other 07s have been great.

It was pretty watery and dilute a few years back when tasted next to the CSD and Ech.

The 07 Ech, CSD, and CDLR continue to improve and impress.

Sounds like you need to open one in the name of science.

I was disapointed when I put the 2007 into my (quite comprehensive) Malconsorts and Gaudichots tasting … even for 2007 too light and lacking intensity and length …

weakest malconsort they’ve made.

Ok, I’ll make beef Burgundy with mine then. [wink.gif]

Anyone have impressions of Dujac’s 07 Gruenchers? I picked some up recently for a good price but the notes on the 07 Malconsorts have me skeptical.