You are the original retail purchaser - oldest wine in your cellar?

Not talking about older stuff acquired in secondary market or even gifted by a friend. As far as you know, you were the original retail purchaser of this wine. For me, it is 1971 climens. But the store had owned it awhile. I actually bought the 1975 Sociando before that (from david schildknect when he worked at rex’s).

Oh, and if you count gifts, i still have the 1976 yquem, acquired even earlier and my friends were the original retail purchasers.

70 Vega ( although not released until the early 90’s after that the 82 Bordeaux’s- now if direct from the chateau counts ,then …

I bought 1899, 1900 and 1901 Seppelt 100 year old tawny on release. Does that count?

‘83, ‘84, ‘85’, 86’, 87’ & 88’ Dominus. Still unopened.
Also, every Groth bottling from 1983 to 1990. Also unopened.

1995 Mouton. Purchased the first year of law school for no reason whatsoever from the PA wine store in Ardmore PA (maybe a good wine spectator score?). still wrapped in original tissue.

+1

I started collecting in 1976 and still have 75 Latour, LaMission, and Lafleur, and 74 Mayacamas although only a bottle or two of each. I don’t know if I’m the original purchaser (I think so), but I have 63, 66, and 70 Fonseca and Graham.

David

Answer is the same as the other thread. My '59 Huets were purchased from different cellar releases.

Same answer as in the oldest bottle thread.

1946 Toro PX
1947 Borgogno Barolo

At least as far as I know, the retailer got these direct from the winery/importer, not on the secondary market. I believe these were late/library releases.

1962 Ch Gillette Sauternes, but it was released in the 80’s. For regular releases, 1982 Gruaud Larose.

For wines bought right at release, I think it would be a handful of 1986 Bordeaux. Gruaud is the first one I remember buying.

1977 Tenuta Greppo (Biondi-Santi) Brunello di Montalcino Riserva

Bought in Firenze in 1983.

This is the sort of answer i am looking for.

1976 Koehler-Ruprecht Kallstadter Saumagen Riesling Beerenauslese [Bought from David Schildknecht - don’t remember if it was from Rex or Pearson’s]
1977 Warre Port 1979 Château Grand-Puy-Lacoste [Bought in DC. Don’t remember where.]

2000 Bordeaux (several producers)

Me too, bought the 95 Mouton in 1998 in El Paso Tx at Cowtown Discount liquor for $78.

A few 1989 & 1990 German Rieslings, bought from shops that still had them in 1993 or so. Original release of what is still left in the cellar would probably be 1991 Warre VP.

1975 Bodegas Toro Albala Don PX Gran Reserva Montilla-Moriles Pedro Ximénez
1977 Bodega Weinert Malbec Mendoza
But those were late releases.

I still have a fair amount of one of the first wines I ever bought to cellar:
1977 Graham Porto Vintage Port

And it looks like I still have one of these left:
1977 Heitz Cellar Cabernet Sauvignon Bella Oaks

I started collecting when I bought my first house in 1984.

My dad gave me old bottles of 1995 Clos du Val and 1998 Silver Oak. He was the original purchaser of these. We are holding to them for the novelty I guess and will drink soon.

Same as before: 1850 D’Oliveiras verdelho. For table wine maybe 1971 Moulin Touchais. For dry wines probably a 1982 Bramaterra but these are all library release wines. Not sure what point of the question is, given lots of library releases from wineries.