Allen Meadows, Burghound.

Interesting account.

sad. Burghound’s interviews/podcasts on Graperadio and his quarterly mailings were a great influence on my Burgundy adventure.

can’t afford to buy much burg these days if I intend to retire early and become a teacher =)

I wonder about credibility and reputation, as key professional assets.
Not a single word about Kapon, Kurniawan, or Acker on his Wikipedia site. Perhaps, it needs updating.

I once had a job, where I was told to rate high, look away, shut up, and collect bonuses. Some people were fine with that money-for-ethics swap.

Looking for new targets to scold Victor? This had its own thread. You don’t need your own stage.

A good Chinese feather duster will keep that wine spending under discipline. [wow.gif]

But he does. Victor needs to remind us that he is the only honest and scrupulous person in America, if not the world.

We get it. He had the opportunity to make millions and walked away. Too bad he has no children to pass his ethics on to.

Well comments will either be posted in the other thread (as thread drift), or here.

What Maureen says is quite damning of Allen, so the positive of this separate thread, is it’s more likely to be seen by Allen, and hence more likely he gets his ‘right to reply’.

can a mod clean this thread? I for one am interested in the specifics related to Acker and Allen.

Way, way, way over the line.

Another wine critic who helps friends sell great wines at good prices.
Gil Lempert-Schwarz.pdf (83.3 KB)

I prefer that all the posts stay as they are, to be fully telling of their posters, along with the topic. Censorship is bad.

None of which I know…or to which THEY will admit.

Post deleted

His children are biological evidence.

This post is bs. The whole point is to try to show Allen meadows understood what was going on. Let’s remember almost no one knew then what was going on. Unless you have beyond the doubt facts he was like everyone else if you remember that point in time when no one knew.

In the late 1990’s, Royal Wine was faxing me daily with all these suddenly found goodies. I visited the store at Waterside Plaza, and smelled a rat, and never bought a single bottle.

Never forget that Victor is smarter and more ethical than everyone else in the planet.

If a critic is tasting and praising the wines specifically at an auction, on paid behalf of the auction house, should that potential conflict of interest be formally disclosed to bidders? Or does “caveat emptor” mean that bidders should be aware that “critic rating” does not imply expert, independent authentication?

+1,
Exactly right, if you have proof that Alan is “involved” Im all ears, otherwise lets put the tar and feathers back in the closet

Victor he scored the wine that was poured in his glass, Why are you burning a cross over this anyway?