When A Wine Is "Full Throttle"

I’ve largely avoided the recent threads criticizing critics for their often inarticulate written critiques. But I could not resist sharing this one that I just came upon.

This is amazing wine, a gorgeous, full-throttle, honeyed wine with a light-gold color, oodles of tropical fruits including pineapple and mango, rose petal and floral notes, and beautifully integrated oak… This full-throttle wine is completely different and more individualistic than anything I’ve ever tasted. It is a magnificent, full-throttle, exuberant dry white…"

• 96 Points, Robert Parker

That’s funny…Three “full-throttles” within the span of 3 sentences. It must be REALLY full-throttle. From now on, whenever I see a tasting note on this board that doesn’t tell me whether or not the wine is full throttle, I’m going to ask.

If I age it a few years will it be “half throttle”? Or just booze?

Sine Qua Non Lightmotif?

Caymus Conundrum?

Meiomi chardonnay?

Molly Dooker?

Does Orin Swift make a white?

Maybe Rombauer?

When RP says “full throttle,” I take it to mean residual sugar even though he calls it “dry white.”

Henceforth, I shall only drink wines that are ramming speed.

Apologies if that was a dumb question.

I taste no wine unless it is “Ludicrous Speed

I stop when they reach plaid.

How does full throttle, thrice, only garner 96 points? How amazingly anti-climactic, he stopped short.

Lol. Mannequin is def full throttled imho.

"Spaceballs" forever!

LOL!

Love Spaceballs and Ludacris (sic)

I also love the term full-throttle. For some reason, I feel like I know what they mean. But using it three times in one description is full-throttle purple prose.

I always think of Homer Simpson…

In order for a wine to be “full throttle” does it need to be “massively endowed”?

I would say no.

This is a fun thread.

I don’t like a wine unless it’s noticably blueshifted at it comes at me.

And redshifted as it leaves :slight_smile:

Nope…not dumb at all…I was just highlighting the wine that fit the bill. It was my “here’s the answer” not meant to deter you (or anyone) from asking questions. Sorry if you felt/thought that I was being rude or judgemental…it was absolutely not intended.