TN: Can't win them all or Dujac saves the weekend

A bit down on the burg luck this weekend. 97 Hubert Lignier Chaffots was corked and the 04 Jadot CSJ was obviously green and astringent.

As always, you can count on Dujac to deliver. Even at the village level.

• 2006 Domaine Dujac Morey St. Denis - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Morey St. Denis (6/25/2017)
    Classic Dujac nose and perfume. Dark sweet fruits on the palate. Very pretty and fine drinking village. Delicious now and I have no doubt this will be even better in 5-10 years.
  • 2004 Louis Jadot Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Clos St. Jacques - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru (6/24/2017)
    Yep. Got the greens. A bit astringent on the finish. 2 hours in the glass did nothing for this. In my experience Jadot was able to overcome the 03 vintage character but this one was very much a victim of 04.
  • 1997 Hubert Lignier Morey St. Denis 1er Cru Les Chaffots - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Morey St. Denis 1er Cru (6/23/2017)
    Corked

Posted from CellarTracker
IMG_7083.JPG

06 Dujac is fantastic. Still one of the relatively affordable vintages, but I’ve stopped picking at my bottles for now, agreeing with the assessment that they should be resting for a bit more time.

I agree. I load up on cheap 06 reds whenever I can. Dujac or otherwise.

Cheap Dujac? Ha.

Glad to read this. I picked up a bunch of (no where near cheap) '06 Dujacs after tasting the Malconsorts at the La Paulee last year. Figure on not touching them for a while.

Plenty of Burgundies deliver at that level, particularly after age 10, and they needn’t cost north of $100. There is a long list for $40 and under.