TN: 14 Cameron Hughes 'Lot 478' [Sonoma]

14 Cameron Hughes ‘Lot 478’ [Sonoma] 14.5% abv, label states its a white Meritage, 79% SB and 21% Semillion. I had it with a sashimi platter on the first night, and some truffle oil + spinach ravioli the second. It went better with the fish. It is a super gulpable, easy to drink wine in this heat (108F locally today!). Medium bodied, floral notes, and good zestiness. And it packs a punch, you notice after drinking a quick glass on an empty stomach! I didn’t know Meritage had a white analog/classification, but this was a lovely wine. I bet it could have aged, it held up well a day. I’m going to compare it to an older Clos Floridene blanc I’ve been cellaring (a white graves with a comparable cepage). In general when it come to white wines, I like popular friendly styles, and this is a great way to meet the ABC urge. B+ or better for me. And when one considers the price, that score deserves to be notched up. Unfortunately, I think very little of this was released, so its unlikely to be found later.