Yvon Metras Fleurie VV label help

Hey guys,

Just received a few bottles of this wine and can’t find a “VV” designate anywhere on the bottle. After looking at the label for the regular Fleurie, I can’t see any difference from what I received. Did I get sent the regular bottling and not the VV?

Thanks for the help…

Had a bottle, retailed at about $60, that was the VV but looking at my pic I do not see VV anywhere on the label. I got it from a very trusted retailer, Lou’s wine here in LA and we talked about it at length. It was phenomenal. Perhaps it mentions the Vielles Vignes on the back label? I only have a front label pic.

I looked all over the web and could not find any MEtras label that showed VV, though all the listings said they WERE VV wines.

I think his younger vines go into Printemps.

You ought to post a picture of the label you have. I think the vielles vignes label has a diagonal red band across it.

I was asking the same question last year (didn’t post). I spoke to a friend who buys and drinks a good amount of Metras and he told me that if you remove the Printemps and the Ultime, there is only one Fleurie - some people list it as VV, some do not, but they are one and the same. I’m not 100% sure of this, but it does jibe with what I’ve seen on the market.

No VV on my labels

Wow Faryan, sounds like you got screwed. As a friend I will help you out for taking those non-VV bottles for $25 each.

neener

IMG_6346.JPG
This was purchased as the VV from a reliable CA source.

Steve,

as others said there is only 1 Fleurie. I never ever seen a VV on a label. Pretty much like Fourrier (although there all of the wines are VV but some retailers don’t list them as such).

P.

the red band label is the Fleurie L’Ultimé

Exactly

I’m a retailer who sells this Metras. The label doesn’t say VV anywhere, but the case has it noted prominently.

printemps is essentially the young vine cuvee, fleurie is a selection of older vines, ultime is only the oldest vines

I like that his stuff is so good that he doesn’t even need to specify VV because OF COURSE it is. That’s the base assumption he starts from. He lets you know if it is from YOUNG vines. lol.

Thanks for all of the help, gents. Sounds like the Fleurie is just made form old vines but they don’t denote that on the label. Cool.

Had the regular 2015 Beaujolais last night and while it was a pretty darn good wine, it didn’t quite have enough acidity for me to get overly excited about it. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed the bits of funkiness and ripe fruit and would drink again. Was 15 just a riper year? I’m a newbie when it comes to Beaujolais…

15 was a riper year. Most of the wines I have had have been downright burly and I found them to be pretty nasty. Still waiting to try a Metras through. Try the 14s - they rock if you like acidity.

The 2014 is the acid freak, I love it. I really like 2015 as well, just a notch below. It is not low acid, but it is ripe fruit.

Seth and Robert,

Thanks for the info. I have had a couple 14’s. Here’s my note on the 14 Thivin Cote de Brouilly:

Popped and poured. Glorious bottle of beaujolais. Bright purple/magenta with red berries on the nose. Crunchy with acidity which created a happy feeling in my mouth that the bright cherry and raspberry flavors built upon. I could sit in a nice comfortable chair, turn on a favorite movie, and enjoy this entire bottle easily in one sitting. Not much experience with bojo but with weighted down cabs and blends on the outs with me, I can see this type of wine sliding into my stable of reds. Enjoyable! 92pts.

Jared, excellent thoughts. Grab the 2015 Thivin as well, Thivin pulls off a ripe vintage better than any producer. Two excellent but very different vintages for Thivin.