TN: Wait until that Diel come round, don't ya let that Diel go down

2006 Schlossgut Diel Dorsheimer Goldloch Riesling Spätlese - Germany, Nahe (6/20/2017)
Finally coming out of its shell after a long sleepy period, this shows lots of peach, cherry and tropical fruit, as well as finally having shed enough baby fat to feel more balanced. It will never be an elegant wine, as it’s more like a rich auslese than anything resembling a spatlese, but pair it with some spicy curry, and it’s a real champ. There’s probably another 20+ years of good drinking in this wine without getting into crap shoot territory. Just don’t let the label fool you - this is a big wine.

Posted from CellarTracker

I’m 95 points on thread title.

We are a sorry lot, aren’t we? champagne.gif

Bunch of Losers. :wink:

I’m sure my Gunderloch 06 Spatlesen are really BAs.

I used to have some 2006 Meulenhof Kabinett that was picked at BA oeschle levels. All gone.

Looks like you’ve been gambling hereabouts for eleven good solid years.

If I told you all the wine that went down, it would burn off your liver.

Goes to show…you don’t ever know

Watch each wine you drink, drink it slow

EJnQoi8DSE8

Thanks David,

The wines from Diel have been getting better and better in recent years with so much more focus and tension. There are some terrific Rieslings - dry and fruity - in recent years that are beautiful now, but will go a long, long way
I refuse to comment on Pinot…

Thanks David,

The wines from Diel have been getting better and better in recent years with so much more focus and tension. There are some terrific Rieslings - dry and fruity - in recent years that are beautiful now, but will go a long, long way. They are great but NOT big.
I refuse to comment on Pinot…