TN: Rojac Malvazija Slovenija '15...(short/boring)

Tried this wine back in KC a few weeks ago:

1. Rojac Malvazija Istra/Slovenija (Malvasia Istriana; Bio; 12.5%; www.Rojac.Eu; IWSelection; www.IndieWineries.com) 2015: Light gold color; light grapey/Malvasia/bit muscatty light perfumed talc/earthy rather lght/bit vapid nose; lightly tart/tangy light Malvasia/grapey/earthy slight grapefruity bit metallic rather simple/vapid/watery flavor; med.short bit tart/tangy/grapefruity/metallic light Malvasia/muscatty light earthy/perfumed talc finish; one of the most boring/vapid/watery Malvasias I’ve had and not even up to a 3’rd rate PinotGrigio. $16.00 (Gomers/MT)

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. The last two yrs I’ve been to Friuli/Slovenia/Istria/Croatia; Malvasia Istriana has been pretty much my go-to wine. It has a low-key muscatty aroma that is not overwhelming like Muscat and almost always totally dry. This one was probably one of the least Malvasia Istrianas I’ve had.
    Tom

Thanks Tom. Malvasia has caught my nose recently for a similar reason, lovely perfume but drier than muscat. I’ve only had the Larner one from Cali this far.

Any others you’d recommend?

Barry,

Try the Malvasia that Palmina makes as well. Steve Clifton works with Larner fruit as well in addition to one or two other sites. In fact, I believe he may make a few of them - and even perhaps a sparkling one? Great guy to know for sure - make sure to include him on your list of visits next time you come up.

Cheers.

OK Tom, after all these years of seeing “[shot/boring]” after many of your threads, please explain. Is this your doing or the Administrator? Either way, why?
Perhaps I should have PMd you, but I have to think others may have the same question. If better addressed via PM, then so be it and Ill go that route.

A simple explanation, Blake.

The “short” and “long” are self-explanatory. The “long” TN’s are usually from my weekly tastings, and rather long.
The “short” just random TN’s of a few btls.

Back in the very early days of the InterNet when I started posting TN’s, back when I had to connect my punch card reader
to the InterNet via a USB cable, the line speeds were frightfully slow, about 68 Baud. One punched card per second…
“kerchunk/kerchunk/kerchunk…”. If you were including a .jpeg image or such, it could take over an hour to download the TN.
So…the InterNet protocol was to put “long” in your subject line as a courtesy to anyone that the download time might be
lengthy.

As for the “boring”…by the time I get done writing up the TN…I’m pretty bored by the effort. The presumption is that anyone
reading my TN’s will be equally bored and fall asleep reading them.

Hope this explains it all, Blake.

Tom (TFIC)

But surely, times change, no? I have airbags in my car these days which means I can remove the matresses that I used to drive around with.

Old habits die hard, Markus. Every time I go to make a call on my iPhone, I keep looking
for that dial that I stick my finger in to dial the number!! [snort.gif]
Tom

Thanks for the explanation Tom. Now I can rest at ease and know you are not in bad graces with the Administrator or whatever as my mind tended to wonder.

Well…after I hammered Squires over on eBob…the Admins here know not to mess w/ TomHill. [snort.gif]
Tom