TN: 2005 Domaine Leflaive Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Clavoillon

• 2005 Domaine Leflaive Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Clavoillon - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru (6/20/2017)
    This was the first Leflaive I ever purchased…had it a couple of times of which I came away with the impression of harshness from the oak, or maybe the acid as well. Chalked it up as it needs to age to integrate, and shied me away from searching out Clavoillon, as I’ve never had another vintage of it.
    Thought I’d pop my last bottle now, in fear of the pox, and although the pox hasn’t ruined this wine yet, that harshness is still there. Golden yellow pitted fruits, some baked apple and honey butter from age… vanilla bean, chalk dust…tangy lemon and grapefruit acidity…nice creme, flowers, and crushed stone…BUT very harsh with a wood spice that does a smack down on all that prettiness, especially on the finish. The wine is tasty, seems to be aging normally, just derailed with the disjointed harsh spice. What a shame when your pleasure is taken away by something other than premox or taint. (88 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Zero response? You guys must hate Leflaive…or me? [shock.gif]

Day two…same. Worst Leflaive wine I’ve ever had.

how the mighty have fallen.

i’m talking about the wine, calm down.