Producers that make a Special Club Champagne

If you have never had a Special Club Champagne you should seek them out. Here is a list of the 29 wineries that are allowed to make a SC bottling. I have had SC wines from 9 of the 29.

JH

1 Champagne PAUL BARA
2 Champagne ROLAND CHAMPION
3 Champagne CHARLIER ET FILS
4 Champagne GASTON CHIQUET
5 Champagne DUMÉNIL
6 Champagne FORGET-CHEMIN
7 Champagne FRESNET-JUILLET
8 Champagne PIERRE GIMONNET ET FILS
9 Champagne J.M. GOULARD
10 Champagne HENRI GOUTORBE
11 Champagne GRONGNET
12 Champagne MARC HÉBRART
13 Champagne HERVIEUX DUMEZ
14 Champagne VINCENT JOUDART
15 Champagne JUILLET-LALLEMENT
16 Champagne LARMANDIER PÈRE ET FILS
17 Champagne J. LASSALLE
19 Champagne JOSEPH LORIOT-PAGEL
20 Champagne A. MARGAINE
21 Champagne RÉMY MASSIN ET FILS
22 Champagne JOSÉ MICHEL ET FILS
23 Champagne MOUSSÉ FILS
24 Champagne MOUZON-LEROUX ET FILS
25 Champagne NOMINÉ-RENARD
26 Champagne SALMON
27 Champagne SANCHEZ-LE GUÉDARD
28 Champagne VAZART-COQUART ET FILS
29 Champagne PERTOIS MORISET

Here is a link to a page showcasing the profile of each producer of SC Champagne.

http://www.clubtresorsdechampagne.com/en/member

Out of curiosity; what caused you to post this?

(Edited as my concern was alleviated)

Thanks for the list and welcome to the board!

Who knows, but I’m pretty shocked by some of these names. A lot of these are not imported to the US at all, which is strange given how much small house Champagne floods the market.

I’ve had 7. Count me in as a big fan.

While I like a lot of Special Club bottlings, the club ain’t so special.

Agreed.

Which ones do you guys have on sale Justin?

Double agreed. Never impressed. Hate the bottles

After buying a bunch of '06s, I now avoid Special Clubs. So many other great champagnes out there. The bottles don’t fit in my racks. It’s forgivable for my Taittinger Comtes, but not for the Special Clubs I’ve had.

Cheers,
Warren

Yeah the bottle size is an issue. I’ve had the salmon which is nice.

2008 Gimonnet is outstanding and worth the bottle hassle.

Rich. Agree 100%

I have a bottle of the FORGET-CHEMIN, though I’ve yet to try it. Oh wait, it is still pending, which is why I haven’t tried it I guess.

I’ve got a few bottles (Bara, Hebrart, Goutorbe, maybe one or two others), but they’re from 2004 and 2006 but I haven’t tried any yet, assuming, correctly or not, they’re still too young to show their best.

Gimmonet, Lasalle, Goutorbe, Gaston-Chiquet, and Bara make nice SCs. I’ve enjoyed the ones I’ve had. Pertois Moriset has been hit or miss by my recollection.

It’s even less forgivable for CdC because I buy and cellar that wine! The bottle hate is much more personal.

The best ones for me are Bara (rosé), Gimonnet, Goutorbe, Hebrart, Moussé (limited experience) and José Michel. Others can be very good, but less consistent for me, and many on the list I have yet to ever see.

FWIW, Justin has been a very interactive and informative participant on the Wine Spectator boards for over 15 years.

I’ve only got two of these Special Club: the 2008 Gaston-Chiquet. Anyone have an opinion on drinking window for these?