Bevan 2015 Bordeaux Release Open

Got the email today. No price increase this year. Some good notes on the Ontogeny recently. Anyone buying?

I bought a bunch. Always very enjoyable wines!

I bought. Great wines every year.

In as well. Somewhat meager allocations in light of low yields. But, no price increase either…

Bought my entire allocation. Fantastic wines.

I love Russell’s wines!!! He is seriously one of my favorite winemakers. My wife and I always promote his wine and speak well of it every chance we get. The foregoing notwithstanding…I would have bought my whole allocation, but I didn’t seem to get one this year, despite having bought for the last 4 years. I wonder if it got lost in cyberspace?? pileon

Anyone know when the remainders will be released to the rest of the mailing list?

Anybody want to pay for my new roof so I can buy the wines?

stopped buying when I kept passing on the Pinot and they dropped me from the list.

Re-purpose the OWC.

You and me both brother! Although, I still wanted to keep buying.

I’ll be grabbing some Ontogeny only. Rest is a bit out of my price range.

I have never purchased a Pinot from the mailing list. Here is my allocation:
0 x Saunders
0 x Calixtro
1 x EE
0 x Tench
0 x Harbison
1 x Wildfoote Vixen Block
0 x Tin Box
1 x Sugarloaf
3 x Ontogeny

Of all the mailing lists I’m on the Bevan list causes me the most head scratching when it comes to how they dole out allocations or set pricing. Also no opportunity to wish list.

For those who didn’t get an allocation there are still some 2014s available on the site.

Same allocation as me. Been buying consistently for around 4 years now and usually inquire for more / other wines. They’ve been fairly receptive in the past on budging a bit regarding the offer (assuming some is left over from others not taking their entire allocation), but I agree, it feels like if you don’t buy the pinots, you get reduced on the cabs. Kind of a shame though because I simply just don’t like to drink pinots very often. It could be that yields are very low for 2015, but I honestly don’t know. Big capex year for me so it may not be a bad thing for me in the end! [thumbs-up.gif]

Acoording to the email I just received, all remainders are now available on their website

I tasted the 2015 EE, Wildfoote, and Tench Cab a few days ago. They are all amazing. Our favorite was probably the EE by a hair, but all three were beautifully textured and just an absolute joy to drink.

I’ve been a buyer for years. Bought my whole offer this year, which was similar to others here. I have not bought pinot either (no knock on Bevan, just don’t buy US pinot in general). Sharon doles out additional bottles in secondary repeat waves each year. Definitely email her if you’re looking for something.

Excited to try these wines!