Jadot is as good as ever.

Discuss.

I have been buying.

These wines are as well made as when Jacques was there.
The Chambolle and domaine wines are stunning.

I have a friend who won’t touch them but I feel it is a mistake.

Frederic Barnier and his team are making the wines that Jacques would love IMHO.

whites premox, even Chevy Demoiselles, and I have never felt the reds hit the high points that many smaller domines do. Count me as not a fan.

I remain a huge fan of their Clos des Ursules, Clos St. Jacques and Estournelles St. Jacques bottlings, but pricing has me bummed out.

They’re about as exciting as watching a clock…

The 05 Jadot Corton Charlemagne was on the downhill side of things a couple months ago. Afraid to go back in…

Never bought into the whites, so no opportunity to be disappointed with them. The few I have had were drunk on release.

Do love the reds though. Have to add Corton Pougets to my list above.

I know many consider the Jadot reds somewhat “foursquare”, but I’ve always thought the Ursules, Greves and other Beaune 1er’s offered excellent value with some age (15-25 years).

Yeah this exactly…whites are problematic with a ridiculously high rate of premox, reds are (often) generic and unexciting (even with age).

Still having premox issues even with 2011 vintage!

I have always liked a few of their wines, Clos de Beze, Clos St. Jacques, Pommard Rugiens and Clos des Ursules.

Estournelles, while never profound, is almost always a good bottle for the money.

Their Bonnes Mares is always a favorite.

I’ll go a little OT and share a Jacques Lardiere story from what may be my favorite night of wine life. I went to Beaune in November of 2009 as part of a buying group from Manhattan Wine Company for the Hospice de Beaune auction. The whole trip was just fantastic and remains a tangible, living experience after 7+ years.

The night before the auction, we had a tour of the Couvent des Jacobins and then dinner with a few of the top people at Jadot, including Jacques. I sat next to Jacques at the dinner and we had a wonderful conversation - and not much of it about wine. Charming, intelligent man. After the dinner, some of the people from our group, including our driver, wanted to stay in Beaune and go bar-hopping. Others of us were less enthused. You just had dinner at Jadot in the 150th year on the eve of the 149th Hospice de Beaune auction. Bar-hopping can’t top that.

We started talking about finding a cab to take us to our 18th century farmhouse in Corberon. Jacques interjected and said “Corberon? That’s on my way home. I’ll be happy to drive you there.” So our ride home was none other than Jacques Lardiere. Such a down-to-earth, unpretentious man. His ride home topped off the evening in a perfect way.

Whites are all “best before” 3 years, including Chev Dem. That’s not just not good enough, it’s bloody awful. Used to be good of course. Some of the reds used to be as good / close to the high-priced domaines, but now pricing has caught up, so why pay?

I feel similarly on the reds - they’re good but rarely shine whenever I’ve done horizontals comparing Jadot’s wines to other domaines’ wines from the same vineyard.

I don’t buy the whites so I should have made this about the reds only.
I am not a huge fan of their style with whites.
I really like the red domaine wines. Those are the only bottles I buy.
Ursules,Pougets,Chambolle Fuees, Bonne Mares etc

Looks like most of you are like my friend Joel.

If any of you have some 2010 domaine reds to sell, please let me know.

Jacques is such an engaging guy. Great story about your Hospice experience.

I have one of Jadot’s 11 Volnay 1er Cru Clos des Chênes that I was sitting on. Maybe not worth waiting?

2011 is not a sit on it vintage. From anyone.

Another vote for Clos des Ursules. Also good experiences with Clos de Beze, Cazetiers from Gevrey. Drank a ton of enjoyable 1999 Marsannay. Also, the 1er Cru Pernand-Vergelesses En Caradeux Clos de la Croix de Pierre has been very good across a couple of vintages and fine value.

People who enjoy the Clos des Ursules should consider seeking out the Beaune Cras, too; a recent addition to the Jadot portfolio. The vines were formerly owned by the Château du Chorey and are from exceptional genetic stock. They’re also tended by one of the firm’s best tâcherons. And Cras certainly belongs in any list of the top three or four Beaune 1er crus. I thought the 2015 was very fine indeed and am looking forward to following this bottling.

Count me as a fan of the reds too.

I was invited to a dinner with Frederic back in January. A warm, humble and engaging person. Rooting for him to have a long reign similar to Jacques.

BTW, is any producer better in challenging vintages (1997, 2003)?

And a world class distance spitter!