T/N: Dinner with Mike, Morgan and Steve (Myriad/Bedrock/Congruence)

• 2008 Bedrock Wine Co. Syrah Whole Cluster Hudson Vineyard - USA, California, Napa / Sonoma, Carneros (5/24/2017)
    Intoxicating nose, that set the stage for good drinking. Slo-ox’d for an hour. This was smooth, and a hint chewy. Tasted great right away. After 3 hours, there were some tannins, suggesting there’s life to this wine. It was smoothing out and improving as the evening wore on. Dinner at home with a burger. On Day 2, this wine was still delicious at lunchtime, while it started to fade by dinner. Drink now and enjoy this aged wine, or Hold. (91 pts.)
  • 2012 Myriad Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley - USA, California, Napa Valley (5/16/2017)
    Delicious. Anything else is editorial content. Drank with a WineBerserker in Chicago. This was dark, smooth, and tasty. After 2 hours, this was really opening up. A hint of tannins suggest there’s no rush to drink. Since I couldn’t drink the leftovers on the second day, I gave the wine to my friend. He reported this was still firing on all 4’s the next day. Lucky him. I was jealous. (92 pts.)
  • 2008 Congruence Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, California, Napa Valley (5/3/2017)
    Drank this at my wife/daughters 65/30 birthday dinner at Ruby’s Oyster Bar and Grill in Rye NY. I’ve enjoyed the 2010, so I was looking forward to the just received 2008 that a friend was holding for me. Decanted for 45 minutes. There was just a hint of tannins, just a hint. No oak taste. This was smooth and delicious. The wine was mouth coating, which was an unexpected surprise for me. I had one bottle left that I’ll save for 2018/19. I’m sorry that Steve is no longer producing wine. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note, Dan. Just buy more 2008 from me - problem solved! [cheers.gif]