2013 Bedrock Weill Syrah Exposition Series Never to be Repeated

The 2013 Bedrock Weill Syrah Exposition Series three pack will never be repeated since the vineyard now has Syrah vine issues. Parker gave one a 99 and the other two 100’s.
I was watching Winebid and the prices on these are now 4X in some cases. Can anyone remember a wine that went out on top like these, never to be repeated again?

I’m scared to open any of mine too early… I have 5 2013 sets though. I really want to open all 3 sets (11, 12, 13) together and do an epic 9 bottle tasting at some point.

I’ve had the '11’s. They didn’t last too long in our house. I thought those were really good. I can only imagine what the '13’s will be like.

According to Chris they will be doing a single Syrah bottling from Weill for '14 and '15. Just fyi

Syrah or the “mixed blacks” like they’ve done before?

Syrah flirtysmile

Wow, nice.

Jake

Doesnt seem that big a deal to open one set when you have five, bunch of us are curious !!

Where is this info coming from? I was with Sandy not all that long ago, and asked him about the vineyard and the wine, and he gave me no indication that anything was wrong or changing.

The release letter from Bedrock said it would be the last vintage from that vineyard due to Syrah decline. However, if the above rumor about a single bottling is true, then maybe they either had already started replanting or some vines are still able to produce a bit (enough for 1 bottling).

Fall release 2016:

"2013 Weill Vineyard Syrah, Expositions 3-pack

Our third and final year of this experiment, as Syrah decline is unfortunately starting to ravage this wonderful vineyard…"

Last Bedrock release letter.

And so when would be the earliest that the two rears of the exposition series could/should be drunk? My two sets are burning a hole in my pocket.
Phil Jones

Dude, secondary market???

I managed to luckily find one set of three of the '13 at a local wine shop, but I’d really like more and I’m happy to pay a premium.

Please PM if you have some you’d sell!

3 from wishlist on the initial release, one set from commerce corner and one set from Flatiron. Flatiron offered one set at 70ish per bottle and I was fast enough on the email response to get it but I paid a bit of a premium for the CC set.

Nice picks Jake. I have one set of 2012 and 2013. Holding them for a while.

Alex

You popped them yet ?

I actually have a complete vertical so im curious

Alan

Drank a bottle of the '13 Exposition #1 side by side with SQN Male. Simply put both had very solid qualities and it was very hard to decide which we preferred better, but it was agreed that the bedrock edged out the SQN.

I suppose I finally got lucky on a wine purchase. I have ordered my max on these each year and wishlisted (and been granted) each year. I have never opened a bottle. In fact all my bedrock Syrah going back to 08 has never been opened lol.

Not a single one? Have you been fortunate to have tried some from other people’s stashes? It’s always intrigues me when I see this, because how do you know that you will like them?