Shattering the 100 point barrier

Happy to report that the 100 point glass ceiling has finally been shattered. It comes as no surprise that the one and only James Suckling had a hand in this historic event. Wine greatness shall no longer be constrained by a measly 100 points. Indeed the new barrier has been set at 400 points. Evidence of the ushuring in of this new scoring paradigm was provided via email from the FUTO winery earlier today. Per the email,

I want to congratulate the entire Futo Team for another incredible, quality driven year. In case you missed it, the four wines we make at Futo received a total of > 392 points > from James Suckling in his current review of the 2014 Napa Valley Wines.

I plan on celebrating the advent of this brave new frontier by opening some wine and toasting the heroic truimphant of the incomparable Mr. Suckling. champagne.gif

I want to congratulate the entire Futo Team for another incredible, quality driven year. In case you missed it, the four wines we make at Futo received a total of > 392 points > from James Suckling in his current review of the 2014 Napa Valley Wines.

Don’t mean to rain on your parade, but doesn’t this mean that if you add up Suckling’s scores for all four wines you get 392? That can happen with no single wine getting over 100, for instance if each wine gets a score of 98.

And I thought my bathroom scale stopped at 200, proved that wrong.

Suckling points are the Vietnamese Dong of wine pointilism. 22,689 VND = 1 USD.

:frowning: :astonished:

We live in the golden age of hyperbole.

No one should ever be allowed to use “suckling” and “dong” in the same sentence without an NSFW label, even if it is the Vietnamese currency

This is hilarious…yea steady inflation everywhere stocks, real estate, wine prices and now wines scores!!!

My fantasy; get James and Donald Trump in the same room rating wines from his winery. We could easily exceed the world record on exaggeration and hype. I could only imagine the number of time yuuuge and beautiful get tossed around…

this is no hyperbole, suckling’s hair is more rediculous than trump’s.

champagne.gif

[rofl.gif]

I think there is a little humor here…

IMG_4927.JPG
Sucked me in for a second, but then remembered where I was.

Um, the problem here, Bobby, is that you receive emails from FUTO.

FTFY

Sorry, but people on this board have been using a thousand-point scale for a while now. I’m talking about the ones whose palatal acuity is so great that they aren’t satisfied with a 92 or a 93, but score something a 92.6.

Your post is a million times worse than anything I’ve ever read on this board.

I am happy for Suckling liking his wines. No harm done.
And I am very happy that there are so wonderful quotes possible.
I never get down on people about their name, I think it is rather stupid.
But! In this case a very well deserved observation for the 100 pointer, though…
Super pun!
Chapeau!