The Little Three - Nice Article by Patrick Comiskey

Always fun and a pleasure sharing Patrick’s writing - this time on the ‘next wave’ of rhone variety whites to be gaining popularity domestically.

To me, it’s a bit ‘funny’ as, outside of wine geeks, very few have ever heard of Marsanne or Roussanne. Yep, Viognier seems to known by most, but not the other two . . .

Nice shout outs to Randall Graham, the Glaabs, Unti, Tablas Creek, Steve Edmunds, and a few others.

http://www.wineandspiritsmagazine.com/news/entry/the-little-three

Thanks for the link Larry. Must admit I don’t find Marsanne/Rousanne dour though. But Grenache Blanc has been an eye opener (I especially like yours).

Thanks for sharing Larry. A great read, and makes it sound like there’s a lot of wines there I need to try. :slight_smile: I’m very curious about the Tablas Creek picpoul now… I’ve always found Picpoul from the Languedoc to be pretty insipid and the simpleton description is exactly what I have in mind! Admittedly, they’ve also generally been cheapo bottlings.

thanks for the link, always enjoy reading his articles. Nice to see the Tercero shoutout :slight_smile:. I’ve liked the Italian varietals and Zin from Unti, didn’t know that they made Rhone white varietals, too, but will have to try them