TN : 2000 Talbot

After an unusual cold start of May (night frost until 14 days ago!), it was time for the first outdoor grill dinner.
The 2000 Talbot, kept since EP, showed great.
Secondary aromas and flavors mixing fine with the fresh fruit. Very fine balance between acidity, tannins and fruit.
I was affraid it was too young for My taste, but it wasn’t.
Bottle was emptied fast. And the last glass showed plenty deposits/crystals. After a while, the deposits in the glass had settled, and the last sip was carefully taken.
Today is a good time to check in on the 2000 Talbot. Highly recommended with a big steak on the side.
[cheers.gif]

-Søren.

Thanks for the note, Soren,
Just turning into grilling weather here as well. I was thinking of opening an '89 Talbot (last one). Thoughts? Or alternatively, 1990 Gruaud-Larose.

Sounds excellent, Soren! Thanks for the note.

Thanks for the note! The 2000s scare me. I haven’t opened anything more exalted than Clos du Marquis or Sarget, and they haven’t been very rewarding

Thanks for the note, Soren.

I’ve had this before, about 7 years ago. Young then, but I was still impressed.

Neal, them 2000s scare Me too!
It’s the biggest/widest Bordeaux vintage in My cellar. Almost all bought EP.
I’m just beginning now, to check in on some of the “lighter” stuff.

The “heavies”: Lynch B, Pontet C, Leovilles, and upwards in rank, hopefully will be balanced in time, but most of them seem not to budge the slightest. (Still many purple monsters.)

I will soon open a 2000 d’Armailhac, to check where it is at the moment. Hopefully the QPR will be high. (It was cheap, so…)

Btw, I haven’t yet been disappointed with any 2K left banks, only bad timing (popping them too early) -I hope.
2000 Pichon Baron is great with air, but not near where I’d like it to be. Maybe in 5-10 years?

Regards, Søren.

Let the 00 d’armailhac get a little air…had one recently and it seemed to improve in glass.

I haven’t opened up any of my 2000’s yet- but I see that it’s now been 17 years. Damn, where did all that time go?

I’ve been told that Talbot has turned very modern in style. Is it not true? I’ve always wanted to try a Talbot.

2000 GL a couple years back with Orlando Bobby was gorgeous

That GL was beautiful too, I ended up buying more.

Corey ended up buying more

The Talbot was quite good when I had it recently. Starting to show well.

Depending on which 2000s you have, you can start to drink them now. The “budget” wines are good now and won’t improve. Think Charmail, Lanessan, etc. The lower classified growths are just starting to be approachable but need years (I’ve just started tasting through mine this year). I haven’t even thought about the few higher end wines I have (Montrose, Lynch Bages). And I don’t have any first growths, but I imagine those would need even more time.