Wine list help

Hey all,

What would you pick from this list? https://resv.theinnatlittlewashington.com/winelist/winelist.pdf

I will buy one from the list, and bring one, which they waive corkage on with a purchase.

I was thinking about the 2000 Tondonia rose, the '09/'11 Rougeard Breze, '13 Lamy En Remilly, '08 Rougeard, '93 Chateau de Chorey Les Cras, one of the older Voillots, or '05 Clape Cornas.

Thanks for the help!

Serious list!

Can’t go wrong with Lamy…

If you are looking for good Old World reds <$100 I would look at those Loire reds or the Bourgogne (esp. the Lignier 14)

it would be foolish not to get the 2008 rougeard

If you’re looking for decent value, the Ridge Geyserville isn’t horrible at $50.

I also like the Musar’s.

82 Grange is a good price.

That one is 375ml.

How long did it take you guys to go through and break that list down? Curious, because it would take me a good hour.

I got as far as 82 Grange. Lovely list but quite exxy.
FWIW the Grange is out of my price range but does represent QPR. Some of the pricing seems a bit extreme eg Raveneau MdT various vintages at around $500 -

God I love this place, used to go every 2 years when I lived in DC. Agreed on Tondonia rose and Clos Rougeard. I also like old burgs since they take the bottle risk, though bit pricier. There’s a 96 Carillon PM Champs Canet and an 83 Lucien Jayer Malconsorts (apparently made by the late great Henri Jayer) as well that stand out for me.

3-5 minutes

2008 Rougeard
1999 Michel Geynale

'04 Coche CC is a very good price.

Hm. I am much slower.

Interesting. They say a man makes love like he selects his wines.

:wink:

I would consider the Larue over the Lamy. It’s got a few more years of age, it is almost $50 less and it’s harder to find in this area.

I’m a business man, time is money!

I did, however, have about 30 seconds of foreplay with the wine list, then got either bored or excited, so moved to the reds.

Oops. Just kidding then…both that and the Musars are indeed horrible values.

Interesting pricing on that list. I wanted to hate it but there is relative value there if one avoids the popular regions. The Bierzo with some age on it is intriguing, especially the Luna Beberide, Daniel (2003) 100.

Jeremy mentioned the Coche CCs on the list, and I second that. We were there in January and I was tempted, until my wife started exercising some serious spousal restraint. Not inexpensive, but priced under (or in the case of the '04 significantly under) current auction and retail.

The menus when we went were much more white wine friendly. We bought a Clouet 1911 Champagne and Liquid Farm Chardonnay off the list, while bringing an Aubert Chardonnay and a Faiveley CC.

What about the magnum of 2005 Domaine Michel Noëllat, Vosne-Romanée, Les Beaux-Monts for $415?

agreed 100%

Rougeard Breze for me