TN: Siduri PinotNoir HirschVnyd '09...(short/boring)

Had this Fri night w/ Susan:

1. Siduri PinotNoir HirschVnyd/SonomaCoast (14.1%) SantaRosa 2009: Med.dark color w/ slight bricking; modest Siduri oak/toasty/smokey strong cherry/black cherry/PN/spicy some dusty/earthy quite complex lovely nose; rather tart/brisk quite spicy/PN/black cherry some earthy/dusty light Siduri oak/smokey/pencilly complex flavor w/ light smooth/velvety tannins; very long/lingering smooth/graceful/fully mature light black cherry/PN/spicy slight earthy/dusty light Siduri oak/pencilly/smokey complex finish w/ light silky/fully resolved tannins; a lovely fully mature Pinot that going to just fade gracefully into the sunset; one of the best mature Siduri Pinots I’ve had.

No BP today, said it all above.
Tom

Thanks for the note, Tom!!

I guess I have carried an uninformed opinion of the Siduri Pinot Noir wines, so your note mentioning a Sonoma Coast single-vineyard bottling Pinot (of a traditionally AFWE-type site) by Siduri seemed counterintuitive.

I am not going to say that I believed all Siduri wines to be heavy-gauged, but…

I think that you could get that impression from the appellation bottlings; I’ve found the single vineyard wines to be pretty great especially in recent years. I went to a RRV wine dinner at the Siduri Wine Lounge a few weeks ago and had the 2012-2013 Keefer, 2013 Limerick Lane, 2013 2013 Ewald, 2013 Lingenfelder, and 2013 Parsons. I didn’t think any of them were particularly heavy gauged.

The dinners are pretty cool, $70/pp all inclusive and feature different appellations.

http://www.siduri.com/events/dinner-series

Yup, Michael…agree. His SV Pinots age very well. usually for at least 10 yrs if not longer.
Adam’s Pinots are on the heavier part of the Calif Pinot spectrum, they wouldn’t admit him to the IPoB cabal. But that’s because he adds at least 50% Syrah to beef them up.
All Calif Pinot makers do that. I know…because I read it on the InterNet!! [stirthepothal.gif]
Tom

I drank a '07 keefer a month ago and it was drinking beautifully!

If you don’t have a vintage chart handy for Cali Pinots, you can substitute a syrah chart?

:slight_smile:

Nah. I don’t believe it.

I think they’re adding just adding way too much Pinot to the Syrah!