1992 Beaux Freres Pinot Nior

Have not posted in quite some time but this bottle forced me to post a note. Have enjoyed a few bottles of the 92 vintage from Beaux Freres. I guess the wine gods decided to some how let me select this one to be my last as it truly was the best of the lot. Unbelievably outstanding. Crimson red in color, no signs of aging. Deep and long. I could smell the nose all night long. Floral with rose and cherries and a hint of spice. The flavors are layered with an ending that is a deep, earthy and fruity. At 25 years old, certainly shows what Oregon can do. Could last longer as there is this little tannin on the end but really no reason to hold further. A buddy of mine will be upset I drank this. I’m kind of with him on this. 94-95 points.

Great note!

I am sitting on a bottle or two and will get to it!

Thanks for the note, Trent. Some of these older Oregon Pinots are quite impressive. I opened a '94 Witness Tree Vintage Select Pinot Noir last night that showed very well. Perhaps not quite as well as the '92 BF sounds, but very enjoyable.

I’m quite sure the 1992 BF was made at Ponzi with Dick Ponzi looking over Mike Etzel’s shoulder.
DoctorJay

That’s what I’ve heard, made at Ponzi.

A good friend of mine just acquired a 91-94 vertical. Might need to pay him a visit.

Hi there - just curious if you ever had the opportunity to taste this vertical? I came across a few 1993 BF’s and were curious if they are still holding on? Thanks in advance.

93 BF is my favorite. And they are doing fine as of two years ago for me. Beautiful wine.

Thanks, Todd!!! Very excited to taste. I will report back.

I will second what Todd said, 93’ is one of the best Oregon Pinot’s I’ve ever had. Sadly I went to a restaurant a couple of years ago that had a stash and they clearly weren’t stored well…

Have fun.