TNs: Couple of losers, a so-so, and a couple of winners

Tasted with some wine geeks in the back room of a local shop on 5/18/17
Always good to taste not so good wines once in a while to give you some context.
First the two losers (unfortunately from my cellar):
1985 Ch. de Ferrand St.Emilion[/u
A nasty green vegetal streak in the nose and on palate make this close to undrinkable. 58 points[/b
1990 Ravenswood Pickberry
A tarry, asphalt nose is off-putting in this supposed Bordeaux blend. Not good. 64 points
Second, the so-so:
1992 ZD Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve, Napa
Nice embossed bottle but nothing distinctive about the wine. Pleasant but I recall liking Gallo Hearty Burgundy in gallon bottles better. Maybe it was what I was smoking 45 years ago. 83 points
The good:2002 Behrens & Hitchcock Chien Lunatique Syrah
Great label of the dog. Purple color resembling a barrel sample. Smoky black fruit nose, powerful and concentrated on the palate if a bit one-dimensional. Smooth palate, long, finish. This is your baby if you want to get buzzed. 16.5% alcohol. 91 points
2000 Chateau Lynch Bages, Pauillac
Deep ruby in color, impressive, already complex developing nose. Firm on the palate with superior depth but still a bit tight. Long, impressive finish. Lots of pleasure but I think this will be even better in 5-7 years. 94 points
DoctorJay

What kind of cork was the B&H wine under? I’m assuming a real one since it wasn’t volatile soup.

Are you using the Parker scale going from 85 to 100+?
Agree on the LB

So you say…

I’ve had a few 2001 Ink Grade, including one last night, with the feared purple closure device, and none were flawed and a couple of them were actually quite good.

I picked up a few at auction, and learned too late what I gamble I took. Up until a completely volatile ancient Burgundy a few weeks ago, my first B&H experience was one of the worst things I’d ever smelled. It was like pouring vinegar in a hot pan and sticking your nose in it.

I’m glad someone (you and Jay) got lucky!