Journalists drink too much, are bad at managing emotions, and operate at a lower level than average

Journalists’ brains show a lower-than-average level of executive functioning, according to a new study, which means they have a below-average ability to regulate their emotions, suppress biases, solve complex problems, switch between tasks, and show creative and flexible thinking.

The study, led by Tara Swart, a neuroscientist and leadership coach, analysed 40 journalists from newspapers, magazines, broadcast, and online platforms over seven months. The participants took part in simple tests related to their lifestyle, health, and behaviour.

Funny thing is these were even not wine related journalists… champagne.gif

I would have made a great journalist.

Why is this in wine talk? Shouldn’t it be in The Asylum?

Yes; and to think we began from so low a base, and then it got worse.

The OP mentioned wine journalists. [whistle.gif]

Leo:

Didn’t you used to be a photo-journalist?

Yes, that should explain a lot of things.

Wow, Berserkers is only for journalists now?

Not really wine related.

Not at all.

Fake news, should be in Politics. [snort.gif]

Beat me to it!

And they’re the most dishonest people in the world ever in history. The worst.

I wonder who funds these. Last week I read a story about sommeliers having thicker, bigger brains than other people. I think it was in Food and Wine. So somms have big brains, journalists have weak brains, from now on I’m asking my somm for news of the world. Maybe stock tips too!

Waiting for Associated Press or Reuters article “Scientists drink too little, have no emotions, and annoy people by saying they have above-average IQs”

Too many journalists have taken fluoroquinolones.