2014 California Cabs

How are the 14’s compared to 12 & 13? Any suggestions for cabs in the $20-$40 range in 13 or 14

I would buy something else than a Cali Cab at this price but that is me.

Try zinfandel blends instead.

Recent likes in that price range:

Chappellett Mountain Cuvée
Mondavi Napa
Educated Guess
Counterpoint from Laurel Glen

I tried and liked the '14 Martini Alexander Valley. Needs a year or two, but is really sold for the price!

13 or 14 ready to drink at $40 is the sweet spot gor sta rita hills pinots

'13’s is the vintage you want…join Ridge and spend a little more…$50 for the Estate Cab to your door is a deal that can’t be beat…

Jeff Cassetta wrote:
'13’s is the vintage you want…join Ridge and spend a little more…$50 for the Estate Cab to your door is a deal that can’t be beat…

Nice call there, Jeff. I would also add the '13 Robert Craig Affinity at around the same price.

Thanks,
Ed

Cheers any recommendations. I like the Paradigm zin. Thanks for the cab suggestions, will look into Ridge, never had there’s only Pine Ridge.

Louis martini napa and Alexander valley have been rocking values lately.

Hear silver ghost cab is a good one for 35 bucks.

12 and 14 good and drink now, 13 hold for a bit. That’s my general feeling/consensus, especially at those (lower) price points for Napa Cab

Cheers, just Googled Silver Ghost and Wine Spectrum rated the 14 the #1 Cab of 2016. Will have to see if I can find any.

Agree with this point! Several Napa winemakers have confirmed this comment.

Good to know, the 12’s are drinking great so will continue drinking if they say don’t hold!

For a very reasonable cab blend, try The Paring Red. It’s no more than $25 (I bought some from Wine Library) and really tasty.

I like Domaine Eden for around $35-$40. It’s a more old school style Cab

Cheers, will look into Paring Red & Domaine Eden.

Have you ever bought wine from Last Bottle, they’ve got some good buys every now & then.

+1 on the Paring Red . And my wife poured a glass from a bottle that sat for a week (somewhat closed on top but not tightly-didn’t out the cork back in) in the fridge after being opened and said it tasted fine.

I have bought from them and WTSO-no complaints on anything I have bought from either of them

As well on WTSO. It’s hit or miss on them, I found Last Bottle to have some better wines.

Yup, I seem to buy a fair amount of Pinot Noir in the 15-20 price point from WTSO.