What condition do you think a demi of '67 Cheval Blanc would be in (best-case scenario)

Considering buying some '67 Cheval Blanc for a friend’s 50th b-day but have only found a 375ml so far. My concern is that the small format may have declined noticeably. I don’t have a lot of experience with Cheval Blanc, and certainly not with vintages from the 60’s.

Do you think it’s worth the risk at $100 (seems reasonable to me)?

Reconsidering after checking CT notes (should have done that first). Several notes say it is past it’s prime in 750ml format, so surely well past prime in half-bottle.

Bummer.

Open to any suggestions for 1967’s showing well nowadays that will be $300 or under.

Spent

1967 red Bordeaux are not good. Now the sweet whites . . .

I would try it for $100, and bring a back up. Petrus, Trotanoy and Figeac all are excellent in 1967, and although I have not tasted the Cheval in over fifteen years, I did like it when I did.

1967 is my birth year. I’ve had good bottles of Las Cases, Lalande, Montrose, and Haut Brion.

+1 on Haut Brion.

Would say that IME the CB would still have fair chance to be good though, as long it were mid-high shoulder+ and we’re given sufficient slow-ox time. Have a few mid-shoulder 750s and they’ve all been great, if not stupendous.

Also +1 on Haut Brion; Latour might be OK, if good fill.