Artevino vs. Eurocave...is there a difference?

So the time is hear…I’m ready to buy a wine storage unit. Artevino seems to be made by Eurocave…but are they the same level in quality? It seems like an Artevino costs about $1800 less and will net an extra 20-30 bottles. Anyone that can share any insight…I’d greatly appreciate it. The unit will most likely go in my bedroom…so noise is also a factor.

Bump…hopefully someone can speak to this.

You know you’re a wine geek when…you sleep with your wine? :slight_smile:

Kirk, I have a Eurocave 283 and I would not place it in a bedroom that I would sleep in. Not sure a lesser priced unit would be any better.
Cheers!

How big is your bedroom…?? [shock.gif]

Does anyone else sleep in there, or just you and your wine? neener

The Artevino is not noise-less, but it also is not noisy. If you’re running something else in your room like a fan, then I doubt you would notice it.

1 Like

My Artevino sits in a room with hardwood floors and little sound dampening. When it’s idle, it’s very quiet, nearly silent. However, when it actively cools, it sounds like any other refrigerator, and it can be noisy. I wouldn’t put it in your room if you’re a light sleeper.

My master bedroom is 28ft by 34 ft. Not super small…not the largest. I have tenitus from my years as a paratrooper and one “trusting” private that dropped a grenade on the other side of a training baracade. So a little noise is good…

Artevino is a separate line that the company describes as “a good quality, economical alternative to the EuroCave branded wine cabinets. Artevino is a distinct entry level brand manufactured by Eurocave but using different materials.”

I had an Artevino unit before I built my cellar and was very happy with it. Keep in mind that the bottle counts they give are for a cabinet with no shelves. The usable capacity is less.

1 Like

+1

I have two Artevinos and I get a mix of 185 Bordeaux, Burgundy, and Turley bottles in each. Any more and I would scrape labels or need to remove shelves.

One difference I see is the warranty on some of the Eurocave models is 5 years whereas the Artevino is 2 years.

I’m happy with my Artevinos… so far no issues. I can’t speak to noise since I keep them in the garage.

yes…I settled on the Eurocave. All things considered…it just seemed like the better choice for me in the long run. I have a friend with one that’s still all original from the 70’s. If there are corners cut…cost cut…I’d rather trust in the name brand. In the end, that’s why I didn’t go with another brand anyway. Thank you all for the input…I’ll share more thoughts as I get used to my model.