Shipping Wine from San Jose Questions

I’m looking to see if anyone knows a wine shipping company near San Jose, CA. I’m about to head out for my Central Coast trip and I just want to double check how I can get bottles home if I purchase a bunch. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Aaron,

You will have to Google it. Yellow pages list places that may or may not, paid ad lists a company who isn’t listed in the yellow pages and I have no knowledge of shippers in the San Jose area.

Another issue is what state you live in. Many shippers won’t ship to certain states like Mass, NY, Utah, Michigan, Illinois, Texas and others.

An option is to purchase a Wine Check or two if there are two of you travelling. The Wine Check holds 12 bottles and costs about $68 and up depending where you are and who is selling it. The wine travels with you so it is the equivalent of same day shipping.

The average cost to ship a case of wine to the east coast ground is around $80 and up. Three day minimum about $110 plus insurance if the wine exceeds $1K. Some shippers have the cost of the “shipper” extra. Another consideration is do you have to pay for that extra bag and how much.

The last option, if you are purchasing the wines at the winery, is to have them ship it, if you live in a state they can ship to.

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

Where is home? You might want to check the local rules first.

Many states allow retailers and producers to ship, so unless you’re taking it along yourself, that’s an option.

Not sure how much you’re planning to buy, but you can bring wine if you bring it as checked baggage. Paying the baggage fee is cheaper than sending it by Fed Ex.

Thanks Randy!

OK OK. Any time Aaron!
neener

[welldone.gif]

I would do everything I can to keep the wine with you, and check it on the plane home. Much, much easier (and probably cheaper, depending on your carrier and status).

I’m in Texas.

I’ve shipped cases I’ve bought through a storage company in Dundee, OR recently and was hoping there was something like it in the San Jose area. The last time I came through I just had the wineries ship them but it became costly instead of consolidation of my purchases. I’m mostly worried about stuff I buy north of Paso. I have consolidated all of my purchases before at Turley and had them ship them with my Turley purchases. I might just do that again, and then check in the rest with my luggage.

Thank u all for your help so far.

A winecheck would be a good thing to have in the future.

Especially to Texas. Packed in styro, loaded on the plane in SJC, no real risk of heat exposure.