Quick question: Krug magnums

Does anyone happen to have a Krug magnum close to hand and, if so, would you be able to measure the diameter of the base? We’re finalizing cellar racking and want to make sure those particular bottles fit, but all of ours are in storage. In our old cellar, many magnums would fit where Krug would not, so I suspect it’s a touch larger.

Thanks in advance,
Sarah

Sarah,

I measured the Krug at 15 7/16. I also measured Comtes because I know you like that too and it was about a 1/8 of inch more. I would probably go with 15 3/4 design just to be safe.

Thank you so much, Jon! Really appreciate it. We do have a few Comtes mags, so very helpful - thank you for thinking of it. Hope to see you in NY or PA soon.

Just to be totally sure, 15 3/4 is cm? But Comtes is 1/8 inch larger.

Sorry, I gave you circumference in inches. Since you probably want diameter, I just measured that and it was just under 4 7/8" for both. That would be a a circumference of 15.315". I used a level and architectural slide rule for the diameter which is arguably more accurate than my cooking string/tape measure circumference method.

Glad I asked! Thanks again.

I was picturing a magnum with a 15 3/4-inch diameter and was calculating that it would be about 6 inches high. [wink.gif]