TN: 2013 Schloss Gobelsburg Grüner Veltliner Reserve Lamm Kamptal

Very complex nose of lychee, white flowers, honeysuckle, river rocks and morning dew.

Super intense palate of ripe stonefruit and honeydew carry through to a gripping long ferrous finish. Has a piquant white pepper taste and just a hint of sweetness. Some may find it just a touch soft (an acid monster it is not), but i find the balance right for this wine in this style. One of the more compelling and interesting whites I have had in a while. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I have limited experience with the Gobelsburg wines, but every one I’ve tasted has been amazing. This sounds like another in that mould.

Love this wine as well, though I normally buy/drink the Renner, as it is close in quality, and has the benefit of being much less expensive.

Clayton, thank you for the TN.

You may also want to try Jurtschitsch, Brundlmayer, Eichinger and Hirsch (if you can get them in your area) which have parcels on Ried Lamm. This location is in a warm spot of the Heiligenstein mountain slopes and arguably produces some of the nicest GV Austria has to offer.

This is my fav. Grüner Veltliner since vintage 1995 (although I also like the GRUB and RENNER), however it´s gotten pricey - and I don´t buy it by the case anymore …

I also had the 2013 Renner a few weeks back. Similar in style but seemed to be missing the extra levels of complexity. Still a very good wine.

This one is one of my favorite Gruners. Wonderful complexity and sense of balance.

I’m a fan of their wines. This is a really good wine, though I have only had a few due to the price. I’m a regular drinker of their lower level offerings.