TN: TablasCreek Dianthus Rose '16...(short/boring)

My new TablasCreek CINSider shipment arrived on Thurs, so I Pobega’d:

1. TablasCreekVnyd Dianthus Rose Estate/AdelaidaDist/PasoRobles (49% Mourv/37% Grenache/14% Counoise; 14.4%; www.TablasCreek.com) 2016: Med.light garnet color; bright juicy/cranberry/strawberry/watermelon very fragrant slight peppery/spicy lovely nose; quite tart/tangy very spicy/strawberry/cranberry/very juicy slight chalky/peppery/metallic bright/electrifying flavor w/ little tannins; very long very juicy/cranberry/watermelon/spicy slight chalky/metallic finish; an absolutely delicious/savory rose that belies the 14.4% alcohol level. $24.00 (VIN)

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. Many Calif roses are made from Saignee juice, rather than from grapes harvested strictly for rose. The 14.4% alcohol suggested that this was a Saignee rose. But it has a bright/vibrant character that suggests that this is not a Saignee rose.
    Tom

Thanks for the note, Tom!!

As you stated in your short/boring Bulpit, I too am wondering if this wine is a product of the Saignee method.

I was very interested in the TN and am always in need of Rosés, but 14.4%?!? I might just have to keep looking… :wink:

Well, Drew…ilke I said…the 14.4% is not at all evident, both as alcohol nor the brightness of the wine. I often find roses of
that level of ripeness sort of dull/clunky/oafish. This one was not…just very juicy.
Tom

Yep, a saignee, but a great and interesting story indeed:

This certainly shows that just because a wine is made in a manner that is looked upon as a ‘lesser method’ does not mean it is a ‘lesser’ wine whatsoever . . .

Cheers!