TN: BigChurn Chard Calif '15...(short/boring)

Continuing to bottom feed at TraderJoe’s, I tried Sat:

1. BigChurn Chard Calif (14.5%) BigChurn/Napa 2015: Med.dark gold color; very strong buttery/vanilla/oak light melony/lemony/Chard/celery rather simple nose; very soft/fat slight tangy/bitter very strong buttery/vanilla/Chard light melony/Chard/lemony rather simple flavor; soft/fat/porky rather short very buttery/vanilla/oak light melony/Chard/lemony slightly bitter finish; a bit on the simple/confected side of Chard w/ oak as advertised; certainly a step above the CharlesShaw Calif Chard; not unfairly priced at $7.00 (TJ)

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. I am such a weakling. When I saw the back label on this wine “Smooth & rich as fresh churned cream, this full-flavored & sumptuous Chard takes the classic oaky-buttery profile to new heights of perfection”, I knew I just had to try it to see just how low a Calif Chard could sink.
    Well…to tell the truth…not as low as I expected. It spoke of Chard varietal character and certainly had a lot of oak, but there was no di-acetyl obvious in it. But I’d had Chards that had shown much more oak. I was not nearly as boring as the 2$Chuck Chard and I thought it was better than the Butter Chard of JaM Cllrs (John & Michelle ??, 2’nd generation NapaVlly vintners) that sells for $16. I was able to choke down about 2 glasses afore I admitted defeat.
    The Napa address suggests that this concoction came from FredFranzia. I’m pretty sure the wine never saw the inside of an oak barrel.

1. This is called “taking one for the team”. Thank you…you’re welcome.
    Tom

I won’t ask “why”?

And here I thought the name was insider irony from a former brokerage accounts manager who retired to a winery!

Why, Markus?? Because you occasionally find something there at the bottom that’s pretty good…for the $$'s.

The ComicRevolution of several yrs ago. A white Rhone blend that came out of the Miller’s CentralCoastWineCoop.
It was an absolute steal at about $7 or $8/btl. I keep hoping that they’ll do another one like that. No luck so far.
Tom