TN: 2015 Bedrock Wine Co. Zinfandel Limerick Lane

• 2015 Bedrock Wine Co. Zinfandel Limerick Lane - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (3/26/2017)
    Stopped by Bedrock to pick up my wine yesterday and asked Morgan which red from the release was the most approachable. I always Pobega a bottle on pick up day. After some thought he came back with Limerick Lane.

So here we have it. Opened and decanted, first pour after an hour, last after 4 but the last pour sat in the glass over night so I could follow the development.

Initially the nose was earthy non-fruit aromas, soil, oak, brambly spice. I’ve found this to be a vineyard trait for my palate. Tasting brought forth blueberry/boysenberry in abundance. Fresh, slightly tart with laser like focus and that carried on and on through the finish. The next morning the nose is still more Earth than fruit and leaking some char from the barrels along with a hint of anise. The freshness of the fruit last night has given way to a more traditional brambly Zinfandel, medium weighted dark chocolate covered cherry, blackberry and clove. Tannins are soft and a touch chewy.

Overall a very nice wine, murdered in its youth for the benefit of science. Near term 4hr decant or lay down till 2020 and beyond.

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

Brian, thx for the note. These will not be touched for at least 2-3 years.

Great note and thanks for popping one so young Brian.

Crazy, I needed a wine for dinner so picked the first bottle I pulled out of my recently delivered cases and it was this! Totally agree on the nose, I pick up a little more red fruit than you did on the palate but agree on the timing of my next bottle.

Thanks for the note, Brian!

I never thought that I would see “Chocolate-covered Cherries” in a Bedrock TN. :astonished: