Scott Paul La Paulee 07

I didn’t make any formal notes, but as I sit here checking out bottles from my cellar from the last week, I wanted to give this winery a thumbs up. Stylistically this wine was really in a good spot for me. Very nice; lighter and brighter red fruit. Very food friendly. Nice job! [cheers.gif]

Kelley Fox on display. On her own now.

Always loved this wine. Drunk all mine too early. The 2008 wasn’t bad either.

Definitely kudos to the lovely Kelley Fox, she did great work at Scott Paul.

Just drank my last 2007 Audrey a few weeks ago. Delicate while retaining focus, peaking IMHO and unlikely to improve. Kelley developed a gentle touch during her time at Scott Paul and it serves her well.

RT

Opened a 2008 La Paulee on Friday. No bouquet, and mostly fizzy mud in the mouth with no sign of fruit. Shook the bottle and got about an inch of froth. Repeated shaking maybe a dozen times and still got froth. Decided to vacu-vin instead of pouring down the drain.

Returned to the bottle Sunday evening and found, to my surprise, it had changed into a pretty good wine. Lots of fruit, and good structure with balance and a zesty acidity. This is the longest I’ve ever aged a screwcap bottle, and in this case I don’t think it did the wine any favors. I’m not sure what to do with my remaining bottles, maybe a long decant?