1975 Ch. Pichon Longueville Comtesse de Lalande

I have a few bottles of this left (which I have had for well over 25 years, but did not buy en premier) which labels read “Chateau Pichon Lalande” rather than the entire name which is inn smaller print at the bottom of the label. I know I show post a pic but that is substantially above my expertise. Thoughts?

Thanks.

They’re correct.

I’m not sure exactly when they changed (maybe 1978?) but the old ones were as you describe.

There are late released bottles around which will have the full name too.

[attachment=0]image.jpeg[/attachment
image.jpeg

Thanks. That’s what i thought but the Cellar tracker photo made me nervous.

Yeah, there was a period where the labels were different, with the shortened name. I had the same question a few years ago and researched it. I recall it running from the late 1960s through maybe '78.

Very interesting. I wonder if they had different labels for bottles destined for export at the time. I’ve had very many ex-château bottles of PL. Here are some photos of the '61, '75 & '79. Please excuse the poor quality.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I can also confirm that both labels are correct - I have (had) both designs … definitely genuine

Here is another of the '61s. The label is damaged, but it is better focused. Bottom left of the label, you can see the name of William Alain Miailhe. This was when he was still in charge; before the family squabble which led to him relinquishing administration to (temporarily) Michel Delon, who, by 1978 ceded the same to Madám de Lencquesaing when the Miailhe family’s estate was finally settled. The depicted bottles were all from Alain’s son, Edouard, who has been in charge of Château Siran in Margaux for a number of years now.
image.jpeg