TN: 2010 Arnaud Ente Meursault Clos des Ambres

• 2010 Arnaud Ente Meursault Clos des Ambres - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault (3/23/2017)
    Incredibly youthful, direct and powerful. There’s struck match, pure white peach, nougat and mineral on the nose. It is dense, chewy, focused and sappy in the mouth. It has great drive and citrus cut and length is outstanding. It is very Cochey.

Posted from CellarTracker

he’s doing great work.

Thanks for the note.

Pricing is getting Cochey too.

Availability too!

I visited with him back in 2008, and his attention to detail is pretty crazy.

Great producer!
His wines are getting harder to find, but still reasonably priced.
You need to try La Seve du Clos. Outstanding. Only produced mags in 2014.

Come on! SHHHHHHHHHHH!!! champagne.gif

(that’s by far my favorite wine of his)

Stunning wines !! my favorite white burgundy

His reds are not too shabby either.

From what I can see they are no longer reasonably priced, having gone through the roof over the last few vintages. Likewise the secondary market for Ente’s wines has skyrocketed in recent months. Wish I had a deeper stockpile!

Jeremy,
Thanks for the note. As I recall, I was introduced to the domaine when Arnaud Mortet’s wife poured the wines at Villa D’est almost ten years ago. I though they were really good but didn’t bother to look for them. Oh well, my loss.

i have also noticed a sharp increase in pricing especially in auctions as of late. i wonder what has influenced this surge in interest as previously it was quite easy to pick these up on close out at very fair tariffs.

Sky rocketing price. $75 Bourgogne. $200-300 for 1er. If you can even find them.

As much as I like the wines if I’m going to pay those prices I’d rather have roulot.

I’ve had a couple of bottles of the basic 2014 Meursault and they are stunning young bottles. One was opened and we tried on the next day- even better.

I think they are being seen as the next Domaine to join the premier league of White Burgundy producers. There’s been a big jump in secondary prices for Coche and Roulot with Ente now, sadly, following suit.

It’s been coche-like popular in France for a while now. Was at tan dinh in paris last night and they’re selling their Ente at higher prices than coche.

Sounds fantastic - one of my favourite producers. Very difficult to find in the UK.

Agree… champagne.gif

One of my wine-friends find A. Ente too oaky for his preference ( or too Lafon-like ).

For me I prefer Bouchard …just the right price and no need to worry about the availability flirtysmile

My sentiments exactly!

Well, its not because of the amount of new oak used.

I will be the last to argue against the superb quality of Roulot’s wines, but I would like to see an Ente wine in one of Don Cornwell’s white Burgundy vintage assessments. (Cherisey’s Meursault Blagny Genelotte recently hung right with Roulot’s Perrieres.) I expect that it would have a lot of grand crus ducking for cover, and it wouldn’t have to be a 1er cru. I’d also like to see an Ente Perrieres, which I expect would be the equivalent of those of Roulot and Coche.

Peter Chiu wrote:One of my wine-friends find A. Ente too oaky for his preference

Well, its not because of the amount of new oak used.

There are many ways which cause the wine to taste oaky… newhere