'15 North Coast Zins are good

Sitting here, going back and forth beytween a Ridge “Geyserville” and a Bedrock “Lorenzo’s” (Teldeshi).

Go long in this vintage!

Thanks for the advice, Mike!

What, in your opinion, makes the 2015 vintage special over other recent vintages? I know that many 2013’s need a little more time, but the 2012-2015’s all seem to be pretty darn yummy.

Almost everything I’ve had from the North Coast '15’s has been good. Pinot, Carignane, Zin.

That '15 Geyserville is special. At the Monte Bello tasting last weekend people were taking it home by the case at 20% off. They ran out of on -site inventory and had to promise to ship it to people.

It is the 50th anniversary bottling. Eric (the wine maker) said he thought it was his best ever.

I did not think they could top 2014 but this, at least for now, does it for me. Seemed to me like 14 would age better but Eric said he thought the 15 had the structure to improve for many years.

Good news on the Geyserville. Will probably end up being a case buy. Luckily there’s always inventory of it

I’m stocking up on Carlisle, as usual.

California is having quite the run of good vintages.

Awesome feedback! I would have been a buyer regardless…but if it’s better than the 14…I’m going DEEP on these!!

Thanks for posting!

As usual, we just got the 2014 Geyserville in locally(MN) a few months ago.

This is not good. This is very bad. These wines keep getting better, and I have to keep buying them. We need a mediocre vintage to slow things down.
[snort.gif]

[drinkers.gif]

Ron - I thought the 14 was excellent as well - I do not think you will be disappointed. Just save room/money for the 15 as well. I found the 15 more approachable and somewhat lighter than the 15. I am looking forward to trying them side my side.

I think the '15 is arriving soon in my market. I usually pop one as soon as it gets here. I didn’t realize it has been 50 years, wow!

Tasted the Once and Future “Bedrock” and the Scherrer OMV today. Very fine indeed!