wondering when I should drink
I will wait for now

Just ordered a '12
Hopefully there is no brett
Find out in 10 years

The rule of 15
Exists for a good reason
Bolt the stable door.

These are not cheap but I didn’t have any horse chilling with my last bottle. I got 2 left and if I find brett, I’m trading mine away. No like brett. deadhorse

• 2011 Thierry Allemand Cornas Chaillot - France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Cornas (1/29/2016)
    Decanted this about 4 hours before dinner and then served blind from bottle. Guesses at the table were CA syrah, in the Rhys vein, which I think is a great complement to the Rhys gang. This is dark, bigger boned but not out of balance. Little funk on the nose but overall I just could not get a feel for this too well. Wish I had more to taste today but we polished it off between the six of us. I won’t rush to drink another, as it’s got plenty of stuffing to go for some time.

Posted from CellarTracker

allemand, a wine so grand
with brett, not so great.

i have some, that i hope shows well.

In all seriousness folks:

Do Allemand’s wines show brett normally? Or was this bottle flawed? Major band-aid on finish made this bottle undrinkable.

I had such high hopes for this Friday night wine but it all went down the sink. Like lighting a $100 bill on fire!

Is this like discovering premox in a case of white burg – where some bottles are fine and others blighted?

Looking at CT notes, brett and Allemand are occasional bedfellows. Is it a case like TCA, where people’s tolerance is at differing levels?

If you are a fan of these wines, can you accept/enjoy a bit of brett? Or is any brett just a fatal flaw?

I can accept brett unless it detracts from my enjoyment of the wine (i.e. unbalanced). So that will vary with each person…no formula here…

Cheers,
JP

Did you let it breath a bit or decant it?

All of the above. First sip to periodic tastes throughout night yielded same results

Sorry for your bad luck. In my experience, Allemand’s wines don’t necessarily show brett. Having said that, he does use relatively low doses of sulfur, both during winemaking and at bottling (in addition to the “Sans Soufre” which gets no sulfur at bottling). So if you happen to have a bottle that saw some warmth at some point during transport, retail, or storage, it’s possible brett might have bloomed in that bottle. I’ve drunk and sampled a fair number of Allemand bottles, and can’t say I’ve found an undue amount of brett in them.

This is an abomination! Inconceivable! Only four beats in the last line… [snort.gif]

I propose a thread. Your most interesting wines, in haiku review form…should be facinating

Drink-ing an-y thing counts 5. Sir, it is your math that is an abomination! :slight_smile:

Letting it breathe/decanting wouldn’t have done anything to help with the brett.

I haven’t experienced brett in his wines, sans soufre or otherwise. My experiences with his 2011s have been nothing short of wonderful.

I concur.
I have drank at least a dozen bottles of both Chaillot and Reynard and probably another half dozen of Sans Soufre.
All from various sources: French/Swiss/UK suppliers, as well as Kermit Lynch. Zero inconsistency.