TN: 2004 Arcadian Syrah Hommage à Max

• 2004 Arcadian Syrah Hommage à Max - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Ynez Valley (2/23/2017)
    This is the first of my 2017 Berserker Day wines that I decided to open. Pretty delightful nose right on opening, with a burst of blue fruits, and then barnyard, after only a few minutes it took on more complexity with garrigue, spice box and cigar smoke. Poured a deep dark ruddy red, with barely a hint of browning.
    Lots of those tarry, earthy aromas mixing in with what is still a solid dark fruit presence. Palate is soft with fully integrated tannin and enough acidity to support the body. No sense of heat.

Finish is medium, with little or no tannin remaining, but loads of flavor and a shifting spectrum of aromas.

Overall, I applaud any California Syrah that ages with this much class. I wouldn’t wait long, this is well into peak as far as I can tell

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note Rory, I was looking to share one of these very soon with a family member who loves Syrah. Looks like I will pull the trigger on that idea!

'Drinking this one at an event in a few weeks. Love the wine especially the 03 vintage.

Thanks Rory, I will share this Max, I know he loves seeing these reviews of his wines.

Any recent tasting notes on this?

I would drink now. Was great 2 and 4 years ago.

1 Like

The Chicago Wine Company $50 a bottle at Chicago Wine Company and 5 left!

1 Like

Thank you John! Grabbed a magnum of the 2007 Jill’s Cuvee PN for $60!

They certainly had a few Arcadian wines to choose from.