TN: 2007 Michel Colin-Deléger et Fils Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Demoiselles

• 2007 Michel Colin-Deléger et Fils Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Demoiselles - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru (2/23/2017)
    Absolutely stunning and in perfect shape. Still needs a little time to me. The nose is starting to enter that wonderful secondary area. No hazelnuts. Creamy gorgeous yellow fruit. Precise. Firm minerals on the finish. I am excited to have another bottle.

Posted from CellarTracker
No premox here. Such a great terroir!

I love their wines…I wish that I had the same experience with aging these that you have had. Mine all started to age FAST about 6-12 months after purchase.

It’s nice to see their wines are now showing well I have had premox problems with some of their 90’s vintages.

Not ready to go back to them.

I had 6 2001 Chaumees, all of which were poxed. After 2003 I stopped buying. I may have read that Michel is only making the Chevalier now and sons Bruno and Phillipe have their own domaines. No idea about their track record.

Brilliant Don, and thanks for the note. Such great terroir when it’s on. Sadly, I have had to throw out my last 5 bottles of PM Dem. from Colin Deleger (none from '07, though).

Cheers

HIC

Yeah, a fantastic bottling when it’s on, but I stopped buying many years ago because of the pox.

Out of my price range these days in any event.

Premox is a problem with these wines. Phillipe Colin has a few problems with premox. Bruno. Maybe a little better. My luck with the past few vintages of Colin-Deleger Chevalier are good. Still a crapshoot.