That one where you thought you were opening a village wine ...

but, instead, opened an Amoureuses. Those damned burgundians! Why put the CHAMBOLLE MUSIGNY in giant red letters, but only write the Amoureuses in tiny, virtually unreadable (at least to these 51 year old eyes) script underneath? [swearing.gif]

OK.

Here’s the note:

2006 Domaine Bertheau Chambolle Musigny 1er Cru Les Amoureuses

Dark transparent ruby. Bright red fruit, spices, pinot funk, and some flowers (and maybe a hint of licorice) on the nose. Bright crunchy red fruit, with lingering tannins. Very delicious, but needs more time.

A lawyer hired just before trial, but whose skills and savvy allow him to embarrass the more prepared opponents in spite of not having an appropriate amount of time to prepare.

God, I hate it when this happens–esp. if you only have one bottle. It helps to diminish the sting when it’s clearly the label designer’s fault, or the winemaker, or the lighting designer for your cellar, or your reading glasses lens cleaning fluid provider, but jeeze, it still hurts.

I’ve done the amercian version where you accidentally open a Rivers Marie Summa thinking it’s a Sonoma Coast, what a small font.

I once opened a Heitz Cab and failed to see it my Martha’s bottling.

Rhys always trouble seeing small label type.
Had a 06 Mugnier Clos de Marchale this past weekend and it was showing great right out of the bottle and tonight an 06 Bouchard Beaune du Chateau. from my recent sampling the 06’s are beginning to open. That said sorry for your loss.

WONDERFUL analogy. +1000
I want all my wines like that. That’s for reds I think. What about one for whites? Not lawyers, I think. Something about Sleeping Beauty?

Want to try for an analogy of a Rudy wine?

Well, having never tasted a Rudy wine (as far as I know), it would be difficult. However, hypothetically, I’d be inclined to, perhaps, analogize it to the situation described in “Royal Orleans” by Led Zepplin or, perhaps, “Lola” by the Kinks.

Lola, I think is apt. Lol.

I can top that.

I was in a hurry so I grabbed what I thought was a 04 Leflaive Puligny Montrachet Pucelles. Turned out to be a 04 Leflaive Chevalier Montrachet.

Then I had to listen to a particular individual tell me it wasn’t considered a generous bring because it was by accident…as he helped himself to a heavy pour :astonished:

I opened a bottle of Paul Hobbs Beckstoffer Dr. Crane thinking it was the regular cab. At least my dinner guests enjoyed it!