The Dirty Guide to Wine..

Looks like SweetAlice has a new book coming out in June:
http://www.amazon.com/Dirty-Guide-Wine-Following-Flavor/dp/1581573847/ref=sr_1_302?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1487794984&sr=1-302&keywords=wine

If folks would like, I can give a totally unbiased/objective/unprejudiced review of this book before it comes out so they’ll
know to buy it or not!!! [stirthepothal.gif]

Actually…I’ll probably buy it. Her last book on Georgia & it’s wines was a very/very good read…(mostly) free of her usual whiney polemics.
Tom

Agree with you on the Georgia book, Tom. Less sure about this one.

“While grape varietal is important, a lot can be learned about wine by looking at the source: the ground in which it grows. A surprising amount of information about a wine’s flavor and composition can be gleaned from a region’s soil, and this guide makes it simple to find the wines you’ll love. Featuring a foreword by Master Sommelier Pascaline Lepeltier, who contributed her vast knowledge throughout the book, The Dirty Guide to Wine organizes wines not by grape, not by region, not by New or Old World, but by soil.”

This idea can be tested by transporting the same soil to regions with totally different climates, planting different varieties in it, and tasting the resultant wines blind. I presume the book will tell me the results of such experiments.

Me, as well, Steve. But I always buy Alice’s books because I’m interested in what she has to say. Though…I’m still waiting for her to save the World from RobertParker!!

“While grape varietal is important, a lot can be learned about wine by looking at the source: the ground in which it grows. A surprising amount of information about a wine’s flavor and composition can be gleaned from a region’s soil, and this guide makes it simple to find the wines you’ll love. Featuring a foreword by Master Sommelier Pascaline Lepeltier, who contributed her vast knowledge throughout the book, The Dirty Guide to Wine organizes wines not by grape, not by region, not by New or Old World, but by soil.”

This idea can be tested by transporting the same soil to regions with totally different climates, planting different varieties in it, and tasting the resultant wines blind. > I presume the book will tell me the results of such experiments> .

I wouldn’t get my hopes too high on that one, Steve!!!
Tom