Funny Or Die "Blind Tasting"

this literally had me laughing out loud for quite a while, oh my.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/f6b0d756df/blind-tasting

We have a bunch of tasters like that here in town. I joined once but left after the second hatched wine was served and they were all a-gaga.

Unfortunately that’s pretty accurate. Those are the people who write tasting notes too, which is why most of those are worth so little. The only way to taste wine in a group like that is to make sure everyone shuts up.

I used to participate in an occasional group and one girl, who had recently decided she was going to make her career in wine, would take a sip and reel off all kinds of descriptors. One woman turned to me after one of those listings and said, “Gee, I’m really bad at this. I’m not getting most of those.” “Don’t worry. She isn’t either,” I explained to her. After that we were buddies and ironically, I think the first one ended up doing something else but the second one, who wasn’t able to find cassis in every wine, ended up in the wine business.

Yes! Justice!

You guys must be used to drinking with real A-holes. We drink wine blind as a group once a month and have been for about 7 years. We are all willing to go down in flames rather than agree with someone else at the table. Not to say that the power of suggestion does not exist, just that pivoting like a well-trained politician is not all that common.

Yup! Me too. I love being brazenly wrong/embarrassed. It’s how we learn in my group. No one is pretentious, but the vid is too funny

I found that much more annoying than funny.

Big time.

+2, didn’t make it to the end.

Well it didn’t get any better.

I had high expectations for a ForD video. This did not deliver

Hmm… so half of wineberserker viewers love it and say they know a-holes exactly like that in the wine community… and the other half of berserker viewers say they didn’t like it at all…

lol.

Best line: “Definitely getting a dash of that raisin-poop”

(for the record, I didn’t find it overly funny either, but I’m still grateful the original posted shared it because it’s accurate)

4+
7-
not quite half…

Add me to the “Not” more-than-half.

I thought it was hilarious. I know a couple of people like that but do not taste with them. I think a lot of us take this stuff a bit too serious which is why some of us are not finding this funny.

I thought it was pretty funny, not because it represents people I drink with, but because a) I’ve certainly encountered this type, and b) I know many who don’t share our obsession view us this way.

I lasted about 45 seconds…wasn’t funny.

Yeah, I found myself in the position of chuckling while getting sick to my stomach.

This is like the White Dress, Blue Dress thing.