Am I a rotten son-in-law?

My mother-in-law is a two buck Chuck person, which is fine with me. She likes it and that’s enough for me. In fact, I am an enabler, as I picked up some Chardonnay for her yesterday, and will deliver it to her today.

She got six cases, and I didn’t feel like bringing it all inside overnight, so I left it in the car. The issue is that we are in New England, and it went below 20 degrees last night.

Am I a rotten son-in-law?

Are the corks pushed up?

Wood and alcohol can withstand freezing. All OK.

If that’s what she’s drinking…I wonder if she would be able to tell the difference when the wine thaw?

Bottles, or CASES?

Might improve it.

Push 'em back down. It’s Charles Shaw.

Corks… or screw caps???

No. Six cases of crap Chardonnay? She sounds like an alcoholic not someone who appreciates wine.

It will tast better as a popsicle anyways. Broaden her horizons.

Was she left in the car with the wine?

Haters will hate.

Shaw’s 2005 California Chardonnay was judged Best chardonnay from California at the Commercial Wine Competition of the 2007 California Exposition and State Fair. The chardonnay received 98 points, a double gold, with accolades of “Best of California” and “Best of Class”.

98 points, so eat it!

Chuck Shaw wines comprise 3/4 of that 250 million dollar house’s wine holding. Chuck Shaw, Kendall Jackson, and Armand De Brignac, baby!

That being said, you’re probably a terrible son in law for many other reasons.

First time I have ever clicked on a thread because of who the last poster was…and you do not disappoint. Well played.

The awesome thing is that six cases of Shaw costs less than the bottle Jonathan Favre opens on a Tuesday night with takeout Chinese food.

If your wife thinks you are good, does anything else matter?

Easy there big spender.

I think she’s a rotten mother in law.

Look, if you haven’t put her in the wood chipper, you’re really not that bad a son-in-law.

Is there a “Freudian psychology” forum where this might be a better fit?

Kyle, you are a good son-in-law. Knowing it might take her several months to consume the wine and with your knowledge of how cold temperatures will slow the aging process, you left it in the car to ensure the last bottle will be as good as the first.

She won’t notice the low fills, nor that the stelvins aren’t as tight as usual.