What is your most recent BAD wine?

Blowout purchase at Costco over the holidays: Erath Pinot.
I think it’s wine, I am not sure based on the flavor. I have one bottle left and will try and leave it open on a picnic table at a summer BBQ and hope someone drinks it by mistake.

1997 Rene Engel Clos Vougeot- brett bomb last night.

2000 Chateau Fombrauge.

Taking chances on buying old bottles, I recently found two out of eight burgs still showing cloudy after 14 days standing up. It looks terrible when pointing a flashlight contact-close to the bottle… Sure enough the 1962 Clouturier, Aloxe-Corton, -and a 1978 Lancart-L’ainée, Vosne-R village, were very very dead when popped.
I got them in some mixed lots online, and so cheap, that the eventual refunds and My return-costs will be equal.
No problem here. If only a few sings, then I’m happy.

My last bad new bottle, was a 2003 Louis Latour, Corton Grancey. Weird flat raisin sweet, -others drank the rest without complaining !

Regards, Søren.

Oof that wine is awful, it always seems to show up to parties uninvited and if it’s the last thing on the table I’m switching to beer.

2014 Laurent Martray Brouilly Combiaty Vieilles Vignes. A Bojo without fruit is no Bojo.

Some Orin Swift abomination. Don’t remember which one. They all taste the same.

Still looking for a home for my last bottle.
Maybe I need to start a poll. Things to do with my last Erath.

Sangria? Sauce? beef bourguignon?

'99 Raveneau Montée de Tonnerre - a couple of weeks ago. One of the most horribly corked wines I have ever smelled.

…gift to a crappy neighbor, paint remover…

So true.

I feel for you but not sure if corked wines should count here (unless perhaps there’s evidence it’s prevalent in a particular winery).
To me this should be about really bad winemaking.

2016 19 Crimes ‘The Banished’. Was part of a three pack of Aussie reds given to my wife by a co-worker for Christmas. The regular 19 Crimes Red Wine is bad; this is hideous. Tastes like it was manufactured in a middle school chemistry lab, with lots of residual sugar and coconuty oak, and sporting a hue that can best be described as liquid purple marker. Just gross.

Corked '12 Jaffurs Bien Nacido tonight. Karma.

Oh yeah that wine is terrible. We ordered it at a restaurant once. Huge mistake.

L’Eglise Clinet 1980. one bottle over the hill, the second rather good.

If corked counts then a 1990 Haut Brion a couple of weekends ago. Shame because it’s such a consistently good wine.

Otherwise a 2000 Vieux Telegraphe - way too bretty for me to enjoy it. None of the 7 other people at the dinner drank it either.

2003 Martinelli Jackass Zin (at a tasting, as I’ve long sworn them off). 16.5% alcohol and 50% cough syrup.

The tasting included a pretty stunning 1968 Sutter Home, though!

2004 Torbreck Shiraz The Struie
1996 Maume Charmes Chambertin

Both ended up for cooking Rigatoni Al Forno, good for that purpose, my son loves that dish.