TN: 2006 Domaine Bouchard Corton Charlemagne

still wayyyy young but quite good–menthol-infused citrus and minerals, steely and a bit unevolved, will develop over the next decade. Great focus and drive. Drink or hold, preferably both if you have several.

I guess I’ll have to get my one remaining bottle out of storage.

2006 Bernard Morey Puligny Truffieres tonight. His last vintage and my last bottle; great wine.

how the heck you’d find one bottle in storage is beyond me. Nice!

I went through and did an extensive inventory last year and put the location of each bottle in my computer. A pain, but I know where everything is now.

Agree, this was a really good bottle. Wish I had a few more…

Thanks for the note Alan. I opened a bottle of this last year, which may have been too early. For the vintage this is excellent and I remember there were deals to be had on this upon release. I think the price has steadily increased but generally a good value grand cru WB if there is such a thing now a days. I think Bouchard makes underrated whites in general.

Cory

I have had a 50% premox rate with Bouchard. I am including mildly advanced in that percentage. I am at the point that I am fearful to open one. Alan - what is your general experience with this producer? Bought them heavily starting with 2007, but my 1999-2005 experience has been frustratingly hit and miss.

very little premox for me w this producer.

Some bad premox from '99-'02 ('02’s in particular seem to have a horrible rate - about 9 out of 12 Perrieres were premoxed after I pulled the case from storage, several Montys also). Also some issues with '05’s, nothing with more recent vintage so otherwise no worse than most.

have t checked rhe wiki–hope it is recorded.